Pet Peeves?

paperie

I can't stand when people say things like, "wow! you're so quiet!" or point out my shyness in any way. I just don't see the point, it definitely doesn't make me feel more relaxed or comfortable talking to them. Do they think I don't already know I'm shy? Rawrrrrr.

Any others? ::p:

dragonoth

When people shove their religion all over the place and in your face. But I won't go into that because it's a sensitive topic.

Bustn Justin

I love it at my job where parents give their teenagers Blackberries/iPhones/Galaxies and they lose or wreck them. When the parents come in they are pissed off at me since they have to pay the full retail price for a device. I mean I didn't go to a party where your kid is and smashed his/her phone.

Parents need to teach their kids some responsibility and take care of things. Not blame everyone else for being careless.

Foxface

I have a bunch.

~ When people watch TV with the incorrect ratio.
Ex. People would watch a fullscreen (4:3) video on a widescreen TV, stretched to fill the screen, makes people look distorted and fat or vice-versa. It bothers me more when they say the "like it like that" or they "don't notice it". It's becuase they don't like the black bars on the side.
~ Watching a video in fullscreen that was made in widescreen. Unless thee movie was filmed in fullscreen, I harly ever watch it, becuase it's cropped half or almost half. I think that a fullscreen version of a movie, is disrespect for the film makers, becuase when they film it, they choose a specific spot and stuff. Also, you don't see as much. It's like looking at a painting that half of it is missing. When I download a movie, I prefer widescreen and in the correct aspect. I occasionally accidentally get one that out of porportion. I delete them, becuase I can not stand watching a movie that isn;t the way it should be.
~ When people argue with me, when I know I'm right. That is a common one.
~ When people mispronounce words, especially if they do it deliberately.
~ When people don't use proper capitalization/formats
~ When people deliberately misspell words like "r u there" instead of "Are You There?"
~ When people say twenty-twelve instead of two-thousand twelwe Actually, we are both wrong, the correct way to say it two-Oh/Zero-One-Two. That is how I usually say it, but people hardly ever us it, becuase it's too long
~ I when people use the "wrong" software. That dosen't bother me much now, since I run Linux, when I used to run WIndows, it would bother me that people would use Internet Explorer or something instead of Firefox, or AVG or that other anti-virus instead of AVAST. I used to be fussy about what software people used, becuase I was a little obsessive with computers and stuff.
~ Being judged, bullied, ignored etc.
~ People who take things for granted
~ People who think their better then others.
~ Mac users (lol). My sister has a Mac and says it's perfect and stuff to bug me. It's overrated. She even calls it her "baby". I will agree, that it is better then Windows at somethings, such as Apple having nice looking products, more secure/stable software.
~ When people says Mac or PC instead of Mac or Windows.... That is a big one. Just calling Windows a PC, which stands for Personal Computer, makes it ound as if a Mac isn't one, which it is. It is the same as saying do you use a laptop or a computer? Computer meaning desktop, which a laptop is a computer. I hardly ever hear that, or saying Toyota or Automobile, which a Toyota is an automobile. I facepalm when I see that on websites. I've heard computer techies say that too.
~ Microwave ovens. I will NOT eat food prepared in a microwave. I used too, a lot actually. Microwaves do nothing good for whatever food you prepare in them. The complately zap all nutriation and stuff out of the food, so when you eat it, you are just eating to eat, your body gets nothing from. Your body can not break down the food either. Eating foods, that has been prepared in a microwave oven, has all the stuff taken out of it, and added a small does of radiation. Not harmful, unless you eat a lot of it. With much food prepared in a microwave, it demages you body. Look up the dangers of eating from a microwave oven. We no longer have a microwave in the house.

The Soviet Union banned the use of microwave ovens.
I used to eat so much food prepared in the microwave, like practically everyday. I'd eat microwave dinners and stuff.

In 2005, I've noticed that my eye sights started to decrease, my memory has been effected (short term memory mostly) and I've had a speech problem, whichis cuased by a Brain Process Disorder. I made up the term Brain Process Disorder. It means that your brain can not handle information well, some signlas get mixed. My communication skills have decreased, and a lot of times, especially when trying to explain something. I can't, My brain is overloaded and I can only get only some of the information out. In my head, I understand so much, to put it in words, is hard. I can still speak fine. I often misread words, like for example, I may see a sign that says Auto Shop, and read book store, for example. It isn't that bad, just words that look similar or something. When I;m reading a book, it takes awhile for my brain to process the information. I have to read it a few times for the information to be clear. That's why it;s taking so long for me to read The Hunger Games.

I don't know if this has been caused by eating foods prepared in a microwave, but it's a possibility. I have no reason for this. I tought it was MS, but all the symptoms didn't fit, and the symptoms didn't evolve fast enough. I also didn't have the symptoms that I should have.

My brain used to work fine, I used to have perfect vision. It is slowly getting worse. At first, I just needed them for driving, I can't can't see the TV clearly, when 5 feet away from it, without my glasses.I have stopped eating foods prepared in a microwave since December 2010.

Last edited:

crazypants

The Soviet Union banned the use of microwave ovens.
I used to eat so much food prepared in the microwave, like practically everyday. I'd eat microwave dinners and stuff.

LOL, wow, I've never heard a policy by the former Soviet Union being touted as something to emulate!

~ I when people use the "wrong" software. That dosen't bother me much now, since I run Linux, when I used to run WIndows, it would bother me that people would use Internet Explorer or something instead of Firefox, or AVG or that other anti-virus instead of AVAST. I used to be fussy about what software people used, becuase I was a little obsessive with computers and stuff.
I know that feeling, also when watching people use software. My parents don't use multiple tabs when browsing or use the scroll wheel to move the page up and down. I feel compelled to say something when I see them using the computer inefficiently, but I bite my tongue.

-Being interrupted, especially in a group setting.

-Hypocrites. Example: if you call someone out for being messy, you damn well better clean up after yourself!

crazypants

I can't stand when people say things like, "wow! you're so quiet!" or point out my shyness in any way. I just don't see the point, it definitely doesn't make me feel more relaxed or comfortable talking to them. Do they think I don't already know I'm shy? Rawrrrrr.

Any others? ::p:

Oh I know! And sometimes I feel like the one saying it is just desperately trying to find something to talk about, so they're dealing with their own social anxiety by drawing attention to me.

KitKat2

People who smoke and blow the smoke in your face. People who talk about you and you are standing right there listening to them. Do they think I'm deaf!
Standing in queues , which take forever and then the person serving the public decides to go on lunch, making you wait even longer.

KiaKaha

Banned
People who blame the weak for being weak.

Clueless attitude. Some transcendence of their world view is in order.

Agent_Violet

People who smoke and blow the smoke in your face.

OMG.i cannot stand this. Went to a concert a few weeks ago and the men standing next to me were serious chain smokers. The ENTIRE concert was ruined bc i couldn't breathe through their cloud of toxic smoke.

I was so upset at how inconsiderate they were.

I have too many pet peeves to list them all. Let's just say I'm a picky person and have very little patience. :)

Nathália

Who blows smoke in peoples faces? That is so ugly.

I remember years ago when I lived in apartment I was washing clothes and the lady took all of my clothes out the washer, she was an inpatient witch. I told her those are my clothes and then she was "well I need to use it" I wanted to say b**** go to the wash house if it's that important. She stopped the machine right in the middle of washing and took my dripping clothes and put them over in the basket. I was already upset that day because I remember I was crying to my mother.

She walked passed me and blew smoke in my face. I wanted to snatch her so bad. After that I experience I do not take smoke blowing kindly.