Perth AvPD

Darryl

I neally had the fortune to meet another diagnosed AvPD person some time back, not that I knew what he or she looked like.

My psych had metioned that she had a new client with all the symptoms but unfornately he/she only stayed for one visit.

The sad part is the success I found from my pysch and lessons learn't could maybe of fast tracted that person to a better quality of life; Sure there's more too getting better- but the learning curve was with me.

Typically the mind brought that person close to what could be their recovery, closer than they'll never know and the Avoidance took it away from them.

I neally had the fortune to meet another diagnosed AvPD person some time back, not that I knew what he or she looked like.

My psych had metioned that she had a new client with all the symptoms but unfornately he/she only stayed for one visit.

The sad part is the success I found from my pysch and lessons learn't could maybe of fast tracted that person to a better quality of life; Sure there's more too getting better- but the learning curve was with me.

Typically the mind brought that person close to what could be their recovery, closer than they'll never know and the Avoidance took it away from them.

Well, from my readings I have found it is sometimes hard for an AvPD sufferer to trust a Dr.. If bad enough, any little thing could set off a spike to avoid future sessions. That may be why he/she decided to stay for one visit only.

Oh, btw, I am not from Perth. I am in the opposite corner of the world and north.

Darryl

Well, from my readings I have found it is sometimes hard for an AvPD sufferer to trust a Dr.. If bad enough, any little thing could set off a spike to avoid future sessions. That may be why he/she decided to stay for one visit only.

Oh, btw, I am not from Perth. I am in the opposite corner of the world and north.

No dispute with the trust issues, except if world has been turned upside down and they have no where to hide.

I could hide at home and live the perfect Avoidance life, until there was problems at home that disrupted my perfect little world.

We need at least one main person in our life to function, which once the wife moved on, the psych became the replacement... and I didn't have to do the dishes:rolleyes:

So I think it all depends on your timing and what you need to function (function another word for hiding, while being in the real world)

Sial your always welcome in Perth.

D

deleted user 1

Unfortunately that is very true. We need to form a symbiosis in order to survive. /that is the aspect of AvPD that I hate the most! I don't want to have to rely on anyone, or grant anyone that level of power over me, but that's part and parcel of the convoluted world of AvPD.