People that you love growing distant from you.

LittleGloves

Have anyone experience this before? I really hate when this happens and I feel like it has always been happening to me since I was young. You met a friend or could be a group of them. You connect with them, hang out with them and do everything with them. But for some reason as time passes it did not last and you feel that they are growing distant from you day by day. You don't know what you did or if it's something wrong. You blame yourself for it. I don't know whether people just be a fake friend to me or is it my fault. I really feel shitty when this happens.

And I met this friend on the internet about a year ago. We chatted a lot. We talk more like lovers really. She will always be happy when I came online. We will talk all day. But now when I came online, I get not reply from her. I feel really sad because it's like I'm invisible. And she also found another person to chat with. I saw that she chatted with him all day. Share kisses and love sentence and everything. When I look at it, it's like you love this someone but in the end it was all just for nothing.

Gieky

I've constantly had close platonic friendships dissolve since a young age. I often wonder if it is my fault or if they just got bored with me. I cherish the few friends I have that have stuck by me through everything.
It sounds like your friend is focusing her time on the new friendship more. Some girls will drop everything else when developing feelings for a guy, especially when younger. I have had it happen to me and I have even done it before. In time, emotions level off and if they are true friends, everything goes back to as it was before.

Api

This happens to me pretty often... At this point I only have one friend that's known me a long time, but I only hear from them once a month or so because they're busy. Mostly people stop talking to me after six months or so, sometimes less.

DepravedFurball

An unfortunate reality is that people are always growing, always evolving, always looking for more and newer stimuli...

That's exactly why most friendships won't last a lifetime. If there's not enough freshness in the interpersonal relationship, then the two parties get complacent, and slowly drift apart.

The hardest thing to do is to constantly find new things to experience together, and that's doubly-true with online-relations. There's only so much two people can share with one-another without physically being in close proximity...

So what can you do to get that girl to start paying more attention to you? Not much, I'm afraid. Her interest has been piqued in a different location, and no amount of begging or pleading will draw her back around... except, perhaps, if you were to grow and experience new things without her, then you could at least show her that she doesn't know everything about you.
Do some silly things. Crazy things. Uber-fun things. Learn new skills, take your hobbies to new heights... and maybe, just maybe, after you've done those things you'll find that, know what? You might have already forgotten about her and moved on...

And why? Because you've grown. You've evolved. And you've sought out newer and fresher stimuli.

MikeyC

People drift apart through life, and it's not just you. Everyone has people they drift away from, and meet new people in the process.

An unfortunate reality is that people are always growing, always evolving, always looking for more and newer stimuli...

That's exactly why most friendships won't last a lifetime. If there's not enough freshness in the interpersonal relationship, then the two parties get complacent, and slowly drift apart.

The hardest thing to do is to constantly find new things to experience together, and that's doubly-true with online-relations. There's only so much two people can share with one-another without physically being in close proximity...

So what can you do to get that girl to start paying more attention to you? Not much, I'm afraid. Her interest has been piqued in a different location, and no amount of begging or pleading will draw her back around... except, perhaps, if you were to grow and experience new things without her, then you could at least show her that she doesn't know everything about you.
Do some silly things. Crazy things. Uber-fun things. Learn new skills, take your hobbies to new heights... and maybe, just maybe, after you've done those things you'll find that, know what? You might have already forgotten about her and moved on...

And why? Because you've grown. You've evolved. And you've sought out newer and fresher stimuli.
I was going to type more of a reply but this is so perfectly worded that I can't top it. :thumbup:

chatterbox71

I think it's great that LittleGloves started this thread and that so many people shared similar stories. Wait--I mean, I don't think it's great that any of us have such stories, but . . . it's comforting to commiserate.

Such a difficult situation--and I have definitely experienced it, though at this point in my life, it's more with family and neighbors, as I am older: I feel like everyone is "set" in life, not needing additional connections, and if I am a family member that isn't right there in the same geographical location as others, I will only be reached out to on occasion, at best, even though I try to keep in contact regularly, and try to do so in a way that is mainly focused on the person I am contacting.

Sometimes I do think that drifting apart can be for the best: I've definitely witnessed "tight" friends in a group primarily stay close through superficial means, like partying (beyond an age where it's healthy, in my opinion). I'm not trying to give everyone an overinflated ego, but I think a lot of people who are drawn to this website are deeper thinkers and "feelers" than the average person--and that may intimidate or alienate friends who don't feel they think/feel on the level a lot of us do.

I'm sorry any of you have experienced this "drift"; I have this ongoing daydream-of-sorts where I imagine once my husband and I move to another state, we will find this great group of friends via work/the neighborhood/volunteering. I so hope it's not just a pipe dream.

Kiwong

I loved my parents, they are only people I trusted and could open up to. I am not close to anyone else, except for my pet. So perhaps I am the person distancing myself from my remaining family, and the world. It is because I feel comfortable that way. It isn't personal, I am like oil, and people are like water, we don't really mix. My own company is where I have been happiest.

alxbkr

Has happened with a few close friendships. Most of them being because I had to move out. Barely keep in contact