People give up on you?

Chlo

Banned
When I am going well in my life my family are great with me, but when Im not doing so good in my life my family just dont want to know me. I feel like I am forever trying to win my mothers love, yet she only shows me small doses when I am doing good for her.
She thinks the whole anxiety thing is a claw for attention and often mocks me and tells people about my problems.
I feel I have let my mum down so much in my life she has given up on me, when i am in her company she makes me feel worthless. She likes to belittle me in front of other people.
I know this is not very nice but im coming to the conclusion i hate my mother.

Pookah

She owes you for bringing you into the world, not the other way around. Just my opinion. I know how you feel.

KiaraBlue

When I am going well in my life my family are great with me, but when Im not doing so good in my life my family just dont want to know me. I feel like I am forever trying to win my mothers love, yet she only shows me small doses when I am doing good for her.
She thinks the whole anxiety thing is a claw for attention and often mocks me and tells people about my problems.
I feel I have let my mum down so much in my life she has given up on me, when i am in her company she makes me feel worthless. She likes to belittle me in front of other people.

Have u told her that in exact words like u did to us..how are u feeling? If u did how did she react on those your feelings?

Chlo

Banned
KiaraBlue i dont need to tell her because i know what she would say

she would tell me to stop feeling sorry for myself and act my age lol

:)

KiaraBlue

Hm..so your mom is one of the 'hard ones'..I have one at home..:rolleyes: But yours is leading..ok lol that didn't help I suposse..
Sometimes I have a feeling like we have to 'raise' our parents instead they us..

Chlo

Banned
Thanks abeautifulmind i totally get what youre saying and im 27 wow i feel so old.
I feel like i need to find someone and settle down now because lets face it im no spring chicken...
i think i need to stop blaming people for my life been so horrible and accept the past and move on. people in the world let you down but i need to stop letting myself down.

Chlo

Banned
Yeah i have some pretty amazing friends, but theyre not my mother are they.
I have dealt with it for so long, i think sometimes you just need to rant eh! X

lonely_drummer

By the sounds of it, your mom and my mom would get along great. Whenever I succeed at something its as if nothing happened however when I fail at something its as if Im the worst person on the planet. I know how you feel. I recently just flunked out of school and coming home has been hell. My folks wouldn't even pick me up at the airport and they havent even spoken to me since Ive been home (which has been about 2 weeks). No actually, she did speak to me twice, but it was just yelling. I've learned to somewhat block it out but it still gets to me every now and then, just hold in there

I know exactly how you feel only not with my mother but with most of the other members of my family. Let me tell you one thing iv learn't. NEVER LET OTHER PEOPLE BRING YOU DOWN! Its up to you, if what your doing makes you happy, then keep being happy. People are there most of the time just to knock you down, when they feel they haven't completed something or if theyve had a bad day. I live with my aunty she always takes her anger out of me and whenever i acheive something she looks the other way or says soething belitilling. Everything i say about her leads to me being accused of hating her or something along those lines. My older brother and sister, my cousins who arn't her children. I'v learnt to accomplish things that satisfy myself without worrying for someones approval. That what you need to do. If you feel good dont let noone bring it down because of their own issuses. My siblins and i have found this. Do what you think is best for you and SOILDER through everyone who tries to put you down. You dont have to do this verbally or physically just mentally and by accomplishing more and making yourself happy. Your mum might just be jelous or have her own problems dont worry. As long as you can keep yourself happy and focused and everthing you'll be fine. DONT LET NOONE PULL YOUBACK because at the end of the day you were born alon and will die alone. So live to satisfy yourself by your acomplishments.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
To me it seems like she didn't give up on you, she's just not bothering to be supportive on the first place, it's not your fault if she acts this way... She should be more understanding and also realize that she's hurting you with her sh*tty, cold attitude. I wouldn't blame you if you end up hating her.

da_illest101

I don't care if she is ur mother or not, anyone that can't accept you for who you are or care about u should get kick out of your life.

Bama_Heath

I luckily have not had this happen with family. But I can relate when it comes to friends. When I go through short periods of 'good times' my friends love me to death and want to be around me all the time. However, when I go through rough patches of SA, OCD, and Depression my friends just don't understand my suffering and act like I'm looking for attention or for people to feel sorry for me. They don't want to listen to my problems because they don't see them as valid reasons to not be Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky all the time. It's like I push them away and they push me away right back. I used to hangout with them at least 2-3 days a week and now I rarely even get a phone call.