Pee feeling?

dead24

I also have this overactive bladder. It's irritating and annoying and its hard to
relax.
Is there a cure for this?
Do i really have to drink 8 glasses a day?

duma

Do you take medication?
If you need to pee alot when you are not in anxious situation then it could be the Medication I believe. Although dont go entirely by me because I dont have an medical evidence to back it up except for one bit.

I have this problem BUT its not caused by anxiety IMO. I take Lexapro medication & have for around 2 years. I recently read a sheet of paper that I got with the lexapro that lists the possible of the side effects. I read it and it listed frequent urinating, among other damn things like may cause bad breath, which is something I damn well dont need coz I already had a prob with that before lexapro.

If I drink a glass of water, I will need to go to the bathroom every 20mins to 30mins after for about 1 or 2 hrs. Plus I usually get up 3-5 times a night to urinate. 6 yrs ago at school I used to be able to go the whole day without needing to use the toilet. So I believe its the medication for me.

Meggerz88

I get the same thing with feeling like I have to pee. As soon as I feel slightly like I have to I feel like I won't be able to hold it and it gets in my head to the point where I just go on the slightest twinge. Since being on meds for anxiety, this has diminished a lot. In fact, I make it through most nights without getting out of bed now. One trick I have learned is to press on my bladder. If I really have to pee, the feeling intensifies. If it is just in my head, the feeling goes away.

Miami

I get that feeling every now and then. like even a short while after i pee, Im afraid a small amount might come out.... so i go back a try to pee a little more :D

Lost Girl

I also have this overactive bladder. It's irritating and annoying and its hard to
relax.
Is there a cure for this?
Do i really have to drink 8 glasses a day?

If you're drinking 8 glasses or more a day, then that's a good thing, and probably is why you pee a lot, where else is it all gonna go?

Lost Girl

I need to pee when I'm nervous, but I'm pretty sure that's normal.

I pee like 20 times throughout the day, but I drink a ****-tonne of water, so its all good.

Yes I've had this, it was all in my head too. It was like my mind was on my bladder.
Its crazy what the mind can do to you. Its like when you become too focused on anything, your heartbeat, your breathing. You basically have to learn to ignore it and then you can move on.

BlackKids

I pee quite a lot but that's more cos I drink a lot of liquid I think.

I wonder if exercising means your body doesnt hold on to as much water. Sweat out salts etc
I drink 1-5 / 2 litres a day and pee quite abit. Its all good though

da_illest101

holy crap i never realized that, when i'm at work i go to the bathroom a lot, when i'm alone barely. and i drink alot more home

awkwardamanda

Re: Pee feeling? [WARNING: sorry if this is a little graphic]

I hate my bladder!:mad: It pisses me off!;) I pee a lot. Sometimes I really do have to go often and sometimes it's more in my head. There are occasional times when I can go 2 or 3, maybe even 4 hours without peeing but most of time I think I go about every half hour or hour or so. But often enough, I'll go pee and then have to go again in 10 or 15 minutes or something. Sometimes I'll sit down and pee but then I'll feel like there's just a little more that needs to come out. So I'll sit there for a moment and then pee out a few more drops or something. Or I might feel like there's a little more but it won't come out and then once I wipe a little, I'll feel it coming and then I can sit back down and pee a bit more. It's worst when I know I can't get to a bathroom for a while. Then I have to make the most of my last chance to go. Most of it comes out at once but there's always that feeling of a few more drops that I need to squeeze out. So I'll sit there for a while until I feel like I'm as close to being done as possible. I went camping this weekend with my family. It was an hour an a half drive there. By about halfway, I was feeling like I had to pee and then of course it's all I can think about. Sometimes it helps if I can manage to just keep myself occupied and ignore it. For the last 10 or 15 minutes, I was crossing my legs and I couldn't wait to get to a bathroom. Before we left to drive home, I spent a few minutes in the bathroom trying force out every bit of pee I could, knowing it would be a while before I could go again. We spent a few more minutes doing last minute things before leaving and I was already feeling like I had to pee a little bit again. I was tempted to go one more time but I guess it was just me worrying cause I ignored it and I managed to get through the ride home okay. Sometimes I wonder if I have overactive bladder because this doesn't seem normal. But I don't want to ask my doctor. I'm diabetic, so she'll probably just tell me it's due to high blood sugars. It isn't. Sure, maybe sometimes, but that definitely doesn't explain it in all cases. It surely doesn't explain why worrying about having to pee makes me feel like I have to pee more. The crappy thing is when I know I'm gonna have to last a while without a bathroom. I have to try and get just the right balance of eating enough so I don't get low blood sugar, not eating too much so that I don't get high blood sugar which would make me have to pee and in turn make me dehydrated and thirsty, and then drinking just enough to wash down the food without drinking so much I'll have to pee. Most of the time I fail at getting this right. My university graduation was not fun. I had to try to eat enough before hand so I wouldn't get low blood sugar and have to be seen snacking on candy in the middle of it. I ended up on the higher side so I was worried about having to pee. I went shortly before we were supposed to line up but I had this awkward long gown on so it was awful trying to go to the bathroom with it. Once we got all lined up we waited and waited and it got started much later than scheduled so I was thinking I could have gone again in that time but I couldn't exactly leave the line. On the way into the ceremony they had bins of water bottles for us to take on the way out and I almost didn't take one but I did anyway and just had a few sips. I worried the whole time that it was gonna go on about 3 hours and that I'd be crossing my legs on the way up to the stage. Luckily it turned out to be shorter than I expected. I wasn't very comfortable but I got by. I was like this ever since I was a kid. Even before I was diabetic, so like I said, I can't blame it on that. Every day at recess I stopped at the bathroom before going outside. My mom was even worried I was peeing too much then but apparently nothing was wrong with me. The thing is I usually didn't have to go badly by recess. I had to go just enough that I knew I couldn't make it until lunch or home time and I didn't want to be leaving class everyday or else I would have lost bathroom privileges awfully quick. I usually get up to use the bathroom during the night too. If it's a night where I only get about 4 or 5 hours of sleep, I might not wake up. But if I actually get a decent 7 or 8 hours, then I'll definitely wake up at some point. And if I'm laying in bed and I feel like I have to go even a little bit, then I better go or else it keeps me awake. And sometimes my family bugs me about peeing so often and taking so long in the bathroom. We went to Disney World and Universal Studios once and they bugged me because I went to the bathroom before every ride. I didn't exactly want to be standing in line for an hour thinking I might have to go badly by the time I got on the ride. They don't understand and it's probably not worth trying to explain. I guess it doesn't really help that I like to drink a lot of liquids. Tea, especially. I drink about 3 - 5 cups of tea, including glasses of iced tea, everyday. I drink a lot of water too and sometimes Crystal Light. I'd hate to just cut back on fluids in hopes of going to the bathroom less. Sometimes I try to watch how much I drink before a long car ride or whatever, but it doesn't exactly solve the issue anyway. It's important to keep hydrated and I wouldn't be too happy feeling thirsty all the time and unable to even enjoy a cup tea anymore.::(:

/end rant...wow, that was long but I had to, ya know, let it all out::eek::

A post about the worse aspect of my SAD. That feeling along with IBS haunt me daily. Everything I do is around them, I have to know where the bathrooms are, have medicines to calm my stomach down, etc. It is annoying in the extreme, and one reason I am dreading any type of date I might get in the future.

This was one of the first aspects to show up for my SAD too, I had horrible stomach issues for months in 7t h grade, then they went away, no doctor could find out why. Then a year later, I had the pee issue, that is what started it all, one day in class I had an issue holding my bladder, something I never did before, and ended up running home, the next day out of no where I had to go, so I did, then upon making it back to class, I had to go again, by the third cycle of this the teacher had me go home. The next day I refused to go to school, and it continued from there. To this day my bladder and stomach are my warning signs, and are the worse issues I have. When an attack comes on, they are the first to flare and the last to go. I just think sometimes if they would go away that I would be able to handle my SAD in a much better way.

Last edited:
I believe it's called overactive bladder.
Overactive bladder + coffee + a bottle of water + sitting in the middle of the lecture hall + SA of standing up and walking out of the room = disaster
Ok I didn't pee my pants but it came close

I also know this feeling, I hate it, I never want to get up in class and leave due to m SA, So I suffer till I cant any more. I also really reall hate this for tests, I havent been able to make it more then slightly 1 hour on tests, that is sitting there, and they don't let you leave and come back.