Paxil

Ken

I was on celexa for two months for social anxiety and depression. I took 20mgs a day for the first month and 40mgs a day for the second. The 20mgs did nothing. The 40mgs helped a little with the social anxiety, but did nothing for the depression. It also made me very restless, so my doctor switched me to paxil, I'm taking 20mgs of it a day. For any of you that have taken or are taking paxil, how has it effected you.

Irishbhoy

I was on it for about two years it's called seroxat here.
At the beginning it was great for my depression and definately improved my social anxiety.I never had a hangover once whilst on it in fact it made me very tolerant to alcohol which could be dangerous.
Down side was it made me quite aggressive mixed with alcohol and trying to cum was a nightmare!!but overall it was good for me but it kinda stopped working in the long term. :(

Kamen

In Europe, Paxil is known as Seroxat. I've read it is good for social phobia cases, but could lead to withdrawal problems sometimes. Can't you do well without medication?

Sufferwell

I took Paxil for 5 years, mostly for depression. It lifted my mood a little but it certainly wasn't a cure-all. Plus I packed on 24 pounds while taking it, which were difficult to remove.

livingnsilence

I took 20mg of paxil for a month with no effect on anything except sleep. I found it extreamly heard to sleep on paxil the first week and it took until the 3rd week on paxil for me to start dreaming again.

jennismortal

This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with Paxil. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use. This includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start using a new medication without telling your doctor.

Jake123

Banned
I had really adverse effects to paxil. It gave me panic attacks and extreme vertigo. It was probably one of the medications I was on for the least amount of time because it was clearly causing me harm, but that's just me of course (everyone reacts differently)

Noca

Banned
I used Paxil at 40-80mgs for about 1.5 years and it was decent. My Remeron is much better for me at 45mgs so far with no negative side effects :) I think I'm gonna stick with it.

TubalCain

I was on Paxil for ten years. It initially stopped my blushing problem completely. Since blushing causes my SAD, it pretty much eradicated the SAD too. Over time I built up a tolerance to the drug and it stopped working. The blushing and SAD are back.

Regarding side effects, I had erection problems initially too, but they went away after a month or two. I think it made me more sleepy.

mismeek

i take paxil.. and its doing well for me.. but i also take another med for my autoimmune issue and the meds together causes horrible stomach problems like bleeding and painful stomach cramps.. X.x i dont know which one i need more.. *sigh*

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I was on Paxil for about a year, and it worked pretty well. I gained a lot of weight while on it though, which made me very self conscious. I weaned myself off, lost the weight, but decided to try other medications instead.