Passed a little personal milestone

combat

So I was able to call this girl today without totally losing my mind beforehand. Don't get me wrong, I was nervous, but I was able to carry on a conversation without too much effort. She almost seemed more nervous, mumbling off at 100 miles an hour... it was kind of cute. ::eek::

I'm just happy about this because for one we're gonna hang out and for two, I've always sucked at calling up a girl I like, especially to discuss getting together and doing something. Text messaging has been a godsend for me, the two of us text all the time, but I was relieved to find that I feel comfortable enough to talk on the phone, too.

Thanks to all of you who were encouraging me in my other thread to go for this.

recluse

Well done! But i couldn't see how the Joker would have a problem with confidence::p:

And remember......''Why so serious?!'':D

Good! I noticed in your other thread you seemed upset and were ready to throw in the towel. Glad you didn't. :) Try to remember to chill.

combat

Good! I noticed in your other thread you seemed upset and were ready to throw in the towel. Glad you didn't. :) Try to remember to chill.

Yeah, me too. :) I have issues, especially with overanalyzing situations and looking for negative signs where often none exist. I suppose it's because rejection is what I'm so used to I kind of still have trouble accepting that I am getting affection from this girl. I will keep trying my best though to, as you say, chill.

It also helps that a friend of mine caught her supposedly checking me out the other day for an apparently extended period of time from across the room. Not used to hearing something like that either. Not that it necessarily means anything hugely significant but it's a positive sign... and very flattering. ::eek::

combat

Went to a movie with her today. Nice and relaxed, no pressure hang out. Checked in on the phone (yay me, I'm getting the hang of it) after she got home afterwards to make sure she made it back OK, and she brought up doing a little more next time (getting something to eat and whatever).

Again, thanks so much to those who encouraged me and wished me luck, especially those who told me to relax, take things slow, and all that. You couldn't be more right because it's working out great for me. I just can't get over how nice this feels... I'm gonna feel like superman all week. :) ::eek::

klytus

Again, thanks so much to those who encouraged me and wished me luck, especially those who told me to relax, take things slow, and all that. You couldn't be more right because it's working out great for me. I just can't get over how nice this feels... I'm gonna feel like superman all week. :) ::eek::

Don't get used to it, though. It worked this time, apparently, because the girl likes you. It could've been the opposite case, too. And there are still lots of ways to end this - hence don't think there is no work left to do.

However, the fact that she wants to spend more time with you is a very good sign. :)