Parenting Advice?

Necrucifer

...Found out ex has been 6 weeks pregnant...well 7 now haha but she so far got on some wicka or whatever its called and got a crib so far...she works so I am not worried about her but I know I need to get a job and all my money in my bank account or most of it will go towards the baby...

I was freaked out at first now I am excited is that bad? She is of course happy but she had a miscarriage 4 years ago and I can understand that. So anything regarding babies would help me :)

I have posted on a couple parenting forums to but keep getting told the same thing yadda yadda that I already know like be there for her etc and I know this, We already talked about it and I would watch it while she was at work when she goes back after her resting period. I know she will be hooked onto the baby when she does have it and I would also stay with her if needed to help care for it.

The idea of getting back together is no so no asking about that, I mean if something happens it happens but we are both set on not getting back together at all atm this was stated before we were sure she was pregnant anyway. Anyway any help would be great well advice anyway I know I will need to get a crib and stuff but anything is helpful trying to get new advice and figured if I post it a couple places someone will throw something new at me...also been reading some on it haha...

WeirdyMcGee

Most of the parents I know have said: 'there is no real rulebook to follow when you have your first... all you can do is go with the flow.'

If you know very little about babies, I could suggest you try taking a parenting course- it could be extremely beneficial for you to get some practice and first hand knowledge in your head before the baby comes.

Stay positive!
It's okay to be nervous or scared, but if you want to be a good father, all you can do is your best and promise that child you will be there for them and love them no matter what they do.

Silatuyok

Congrats! I would suggest going out and getting as much experience with poop as possible. This is something that new dads seem to have a really hard time with. Maybe go clean kennels or scoop litter boxes at your local shelter. :)

dads changing diapers - YouTube

Necrucifer

Thanks marie...really thanks haha...I am gonna be that guy wearing the gloves and mask...I clean my cats poop daily and it makes me about vomit everytime...I do have some experience with babies but it seemed like when I found that out I just lost all knowledge but I do panic sometimes and freak...my mom knows...my dad dont if he knew though psh I would be so dead.

Yea am wanting to have my kid not make the same mistakes I did...hopefully he wont have SA like I do to haha...thats my worst fear is if he gets diagnosed with SA and become a agoraphobe like me...I will try my best to try to not let that happen though :( Thanks weirdy that also made me feel more comfortable with the situation and thanks marie the video made me laugh I needed that :) smiling hurts though haha maybe I dont do it enough.

Aristocat that is good advice to...I never been a parent either but I used to play with my brothers kid when no one was watching because I did not want my family to know I had a soft side lol...but yea patience I will have to master that for sure...I am so impatient haha.

Silatuyok

^ You're most welcome. And for the record, no one really KNOWS how to be a good parent. Sometimes it happens by accident. Most people go into parenthood not knowing what to do or if they're gonna do it right.
I don't know if that's very comforting, lol.

maybmental2

Sweet Marie that is an awesome vid LOL! Seen it before,Dude if you weren't and aren't still a little freaked then you should worry. Haveing a baby in your life has got to be one of the scariest things ever that's one of the reasons I don't have any. You should also know that I helped raise a friends little girl for the first 4 years of her life and it was the absolute greatest four years of my life, Changeing popy diapers and all the rest AWESOME! By the time she was 12 to 18 months she knew which stories were the longest and would always ask for them to be read at bed time, She 18 now and getting ready to graduate from high school. Children are the best thing ever and if you shop smart you can geet away cheaper than you might think. I also have neices and nephews that I've help take care of so I'm not just blowing smoke, It will be fine and good luck to the both of you wait all three of you. Prayers your way.

Necrucifer

Thanks :) and I have some experience but just my own kid you know kind of surprises me...I am calm about it mostly just like am I dreaming half the time is how I think about it becauses its so sudden. Poopy diapers...I am used to cat crap but...it still makes me ugh so I hope baby poop doesnt smell as bad or worse...to the ones I have changed it wasnt that bad as cat crap but this one baby I swear it was bad lol...

That doesnt sound very comforting no lol but I think I will be fine even though and I will post pics and everything when I get scans etc in the future :) I hope its a girl though if its a boy I'll love it the same but still want a girl there so caring and maybe will help me garden when it grows up haha.