Over-thinking about over-thinking

cowboyup

This was a while back but recently learned some new facts:

I just realized while talking with someone that I was sleeping with this person and he was allegedly 'in love' with someone at the time. It happened a while back and all the 'facts' are just coming to surface. I thought if someone were 'in love' that a casual 'sleep over' was off the table. ?? Couldn't that person have just said, 'look, I am in love, and though we can be friends, we can't do this anymore'...I'd MUCH RATHER have been told that then realizing this now.

Plus after hearing this person drone on and on about how much depression/agony he was in when she dumped him, and how I was trying to be his friend and lend him my ear, then I put the pieces together and find this out? Initially, he had led me to believe this was a while back, but putting the dates together, it all gels together now.

I confronted him with my new-found knowledge and he tap danced around it saying that we were just fwb...but even with that, if he was close to proposal with another person...couldn't he have told me? Doesn't that change it?

or .... am I over-thinking this? :kickingmyself:

Also, (before I learned all this) he'd been very quiet and almost, dare I say, secretive. I asked if there was something bothering him and he avoided my question - I called him out and asked why he was avoiding my question as to what was wrong...he said, yup, I'm avoiding it, and said that he was talking with a friend and it relieved much of his mental stress. What mental stress? he was having 2 for 1 for crying out loud.

Ok, fine. whatever. I was trying to be nice, then learn this, I know we had been JUST friends/with the side dish but I just don't care anymore. Is that bad? I don't care what kind of crisis he had been going through.

I just had to get this off my chest..it was bugging me.
silly little life things. They'll blind side you every time.
Jeez...I need out of this corrupt town.
I feel so stupid - again.

Last edited:

Kiwong

You've got it right, this disease is about thinking too much. Good thoughts, bad thoughts, mundane thoughts, crazy sane thoughts, angry thoughts, fearful thoughts. My mind goes into warp drive, and I think (*sigh*), there it is my anxiety. My anxiety is like a script to a never ending drama. I give speeches, I attend court cases, defending myself, criticising others. I get the sack, I get put in jail, my worst case scenarios play out in vivid melodrama. I imagine what people have said about me, and how I will respond. This **** keeps me awake at night.

I need to stop thinking, just for a moment, empty my mind.

mikebird

Banned
It doesn't matter what you do
where you go
what you have

Just who you have beside you...

a wedding message...

I read this in a video of unknown people

Thinking hard about all the people I recognise from before
a facebook moment
it really hurts
how happy everyone is