Over think

dannyboy65

It seems everything I do I over think. It doesn't matter what it is I think deeply about it. Like for example if I look at a sweater I think of all the threads, colors, strings. I think so much and I always have, it's a curse most times. Like today a girl I like told me it was great seeing me today and now my mind is asking what she means by that.

Does anyone else over think everything?

Zaki

I am the queen of overthinking. It is pretty much impossible for me to be spontaneous because I think everything through so much. I'm indecisive and I doubt myself a lot.

theoutsider

All the time and mostly it leans toward the negative. Earlier today I was talking and laughing casually with a colleague then told him how I took the wrong route home yesterday and wound up getting stuck in traffic. The conversation kind of petered out after that and I spent a lot of the day analyzing why he stopped talking much at that point. Like, did he think I was incredibly stupid for not taking a faster route home and felt either too embarrassed for or disgusted by me to carry on?

dannyboy65

All the time and mostly it leans toward the negative. Earlier today I was talking and laughing casually with a colleague then told him how I took the wrong route home yesterday and wound up getting stuck in traffic. The conversation kind of petered out after that and I spent a lot of the day analyzing why he stopped talking much at that point. Like, did he think I was incredibly stupid for not taking a faster route home and felt either too embarrassed for or disgusted by me to carry on?

I have the same problem if I have a conversation with someone I'll think about it for a week probably.

gustavofring

I sometimes don't think at all. Some stuff is just too painful or embarrassing to think about. It's like I block out painful thoughts and delve into escapism and other crutches to forget about it. It's good to talk to people so you don't internalize everything.