over active imagination

mrb

do you ever write something on here then delete it 2 min later thinking someone might be taking offence , or reply to a thread with a funny remark , again 2 min later delete it thinking someone might take offence , or maybe write something that doesnt get a reply and you think hmmm should i delete it :confused: i do it all the time :cool: must be a sa thing :)

Newtype

Definitely a SA thing as I do it too. I also edit my posts all the time, hoping no one saw what I wrote. Or, every time I post something, I keep thinking whether what I wrote was okay or not and I worry. I also think I have trouble fitting in here and I'll never make friends, but again, there's nothing leading me to believe that this is what's happening, it's all in my head.

Word Play

Yeah, but not because I think someone might take offense. I could really care less about that. Only because I think whatever I said was really stupid :)!

xxaimsxx

yeah i do. Its mostly just after i've typed something out and wonder should i post it or not? analyzing what ive put down...

not many people can follow my train-of-thought and it goes off in wild tangents and then I have to explain everything to the victims I leave in my wake but they get more confused.

without this great imagination I have, life would be so terribly boring.

mrb

Re: Word Play

Yeah, but not because I think someone might take offense. I could really care less about that. Only because I think whatever I said was really stupid :)!

i do have to say psy in your random posts , you make a lot of scence sometimes , your a lot more intelligent than you give your self credit for ;) but then you wont listen to me will you lol :rolleyes:

Shift

Re: Word Play

I always feel like I am saying something stupid too... Sometimes I write things out and then don't even click the submit reply button, so I don't usually make it to the point where I have to go back and delete something later. Haha.

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Yes, i have the urge to delete some of my posts because of that. And because I fear I wrote something idiotic :c

U

userremoved

Sometimes I know for a fact what I said was stupid because I didn't read the OP correctly lol. Yeah they got deleted.

philly2bits

I never delete any posts and I only edit them if I have an idea that I would like to add at a later time. I figure you can't edit what you say in person, so I should get used to saying what I want and take any consequences that arise. Editing or deleting an already submitted post will not help me get over my SA any faster, in fact it would probably slow any progress down if it became a habit.

Liberty

Banned
do you ever write something on here then delete it 2 min later thinking someone might be taking offence , or reply to a thread with a funny remark , again 2 min later delete it thinking someone might take offence , or maybe write something that doesnt get a reply and you think hmmm should i delete it :confused: i do it all the time :cool: must be a sa thing :)

It is. I used to do that constantly with my work emails. Every time I constructed an email I had the strongest feeling like it was the worst most unprofessional email ever constructed.

It's the anxiety telling you that and making you doubt yourself. You have to trust in yourself. That's not to say that you won't make mistakes sometimes but in general that chronic self-doubt isn't justified.