On Disability Benefits or able to work?

Disability benefits or in work

• I receive Disability benefits and am too ill to work.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I do not receive Disability benefits and am well enough to work.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

cobalt_bluester

hi everybody. I was wondering how many of you are on disability benefits and unable to work because of your SA/SP and mental health issues surrounding this.

Thanks very much for all of your input!

Regards

Richard

I am between the I can work and I cant work. I can work at times and I have held some part time jobs, but by that I mean like 2-4 hours a day not much more, and even that stressed me to much at times. I am not on disabilities, I have no clue where you would even go for that in America or if I would be able to get it.

lyricalliaisons

Your poll doesn't have an option for me to choose. I am unable to work, but I am not on disability benefits. I'm going to be receiving help in applying soon, though.

lyricalliaisons

I am between the I can work and I cant work. I can work at times and I have held some part time jobs, but by that I mean like 2-4 hours a day not much more, and even that stressed me to much at times. I am not on disabilities, I have no clue where you would even go for that in America or if I would be able to get it.

You would go to the Social Security Administration.

lyricalliaisons

That wouldnt work for me, it says I have to have worked for credits first or something stupid and the work I did was through college and didnt take out taxes etc.

Well, I'm not sure what that's about. But you would have to meet their disability criteria, anyway. I was just giving you the answer to the question. The Social Security Administration is where people in the US get disability benefits from. People who have worked normally have to apply for SSDI & people who have not worked, or who have worked only very little, have to apply for SSI.

NinjaLikesToast

I am well enough to work, some days are not so easy..

Not sure but I don't think I could even got on disability here, and I know my employer does not offer anything.

SilentType

Banned
I'm on SSI, because of severe panic disorder, but the agoraphobia is over with (I hope) and I'm on my way back to college in a few days to try to get back on track to join the workforce. Maybe I have a chance of being a productive member of society after all... We'll see.... (By the way I wanna be an x-ray tech, lol)

Peace

cobalt_bluester

Thanks for all the votes. Well, it seems like only slightly more of you are able to work than not so far, about what I was predicting. Thanks.