Officialy have 0 friends

Well my last friend just went out the window.
So im officialy a loner , great.

My social skills are pritty good lately , hell i aint too politcian standards but i can come across quite well so i guess if i put a lot of effort in id find some friends,but theyd be the typical teenage insecure prick/bitch.
I guess in time id find a friend who i actually like , but id have to go through a lot of people and hurt myself a lot in the process so **** it.
Ill just stay a loner.
anyone else find themselves in the same situation , ability to get friends but simply no desire/motivation

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I've wanted to get friends in my area, but I can't find anyone I can relate to.

I'm sorry you feel this way.

this_portrait

I'm kinda sorta in the same boat, at least living in the city. All the friends I was close to are either 85 miles northwest of me or have moved to different locations. Anyone I have met here hasn't gotten past the acquaintance stage with me, and if they have, well, I bet you can figure out what happened.

Silentknight

I just finished cutting contact with the only person I've ever called a friend. I think from now on I'd just prefer to be by myself. As much as it hurts to be alone in this world I don't see myself ever finding happiness with other people.

planemo

I've pretty much had no friends since about 2006. I developed an auto immune illness as a result of many years of anxiety. I have since become pretty much housebound and i'm so ashamed of my life at the moment i have cut off all contact with friends from high school and uni. a few made an attempt to get back with me, but i couldn't face the shame, so i'm friendless and will probably remain so for my entire life.

JuiceB

It has been over a decade since I've had any friends so I know how you feel.

I've pretty much had no friends since about 2006. I developed an auto immune illness as a result of many years of anxiety. I have since become pretty much housebound and i'm so ashamed of my life at the moment i have cut off all contact with friends from high school and uni. a few made an attempt to get back with me, but i couldn't face the shame, so i'm friendless and will probably remain so for my entire life.

Sounds too familiar.

cosmosis

Anxiety leads to autoimmune illness? I am intrigued. This is highly relevant to me. Please expound.

I'm curious too. I have some pretty bad autoimmune problems and it seems to get worse as I get older. I always felt that anxiety played a big role as it just feels like my body is so overreactive its starting to attack itself.

Gaucho

don't give up, its possible to find something worth living, even if most of the time it doesn't seem so.

OceanMist

I think it's funny when I look at myself. A lot of people lose friends during their life, but most people can just find new friends and move on.

In my case, I had friends and then stopped hanging out with them due to personality differences and drugs, and now I never really made new friends.

It seems the social nature process that most people go through around their 20s is something that people like me with SA never make it through.

Now I'm just stuck at home most of the time wondering if hanging out by myself is better than hanging out with people. I still can't figure out which one is better. Alone time is way more comfortable and less boring usually.

All I know is that getting friends again for me would be extremely hard work and very painful. The question that keeps arising is, Is that worth all that pain? So far I've decided it's not. Maybe that will change, i don't know. It probably won't change though, considering most people don't change very much.

angelcat

I have zero friends caused from a nervous breakdown a few years ago. Except I do have a boyfriend. I recently started volunteering at a animal shelter to socialize cats and also to possibly interact with people. But I find myself a lot of times lacking desire and motivation to physically interact. Most of the time with the potential friends I find myself either getting irritated or insecure by them with symptoms of depersonalization.

planemo

Anxiety leads to autoimmune illness? I am intrigued. This is highly relevant to me. Please expound.

I'm curious too. I have some pretty bad autoimmune problems and it seems to get worse as I get older. I always felt that anxiety played a big role as it just feels like my body is so overreactive its starting to attack itself.

sorry guys for posting so late, but i just haven't been online much.

I use the term autoimmune since it covers a wider spectrum of symptoms. There's no other way I can really describe what happened to me, other than saying all my symptoms were due to excessive amounts of stress which was a by product of having GAD. I hope i didn't mislead or confuse anyone, but basically I developed severe skin irritation and breakage, similar to what you might see in something like psoriasis to certain areas of my body.

My nervous system was effected too, and I developed quite severe muscle twitching and involuntary movement and i would experience weird sensations in my spinal cord. I had constant migraines and neck pain, and basically any activity no matter how mundane made me feel severely stressed such that I had to lay in bed. My sleep deteriorated as well, as did my sanity for the most part. All my symptoms ceased once i was put on very heavy medication to treat my anxiety. although my sleep is still pretty awful and i believe it is a result of some type of nervous system damage, (although it's just a uneducated guess) and i still occasionally have muscle tremors and involuntary muscle movements. but for the most part i'm pretty healthy again.

cosmosis i do think you should go see a doctor if you feel your anxiety is disrupting your normal body functions.

detractor

but theyd be the typical teenage insecure prick/bitch.

There's many many many people out there that aren't like that. And you might not believe it (yet), but you do deserve friends that aren't like that.

I went through a period where I felt this social obligation like I needed to have friends. Some people are just happy as loners. You can decide for yourself whether you're like that, but if you're not, you shouldn't let incompatibility ruin your chance for happiness.

As for finding them: you will go through an amount of people, but we can't be good friends with every person we come across. Don't take it too personally if someone only wants to keep you an acquaintance. You're entitled to be picky too, for lack of a better word.

Those two things helped me. Learning to have the self respect to know I deserve healthy relationships and knowing that, rationally, not everyone is meant to be good friends with me. Whatever it takes to soften the frustration of not immediately achieving something that typically takes time and patience.