Odaban..?

Emmaa

Hi there, I'm new to this forum so apologies for anything that I do wrong.. Like if this thread is in the wrong place or I shouldn't even have started one..!

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has tried Odaban?

I'm 17 and have had HH, noticeably for about 3 years now.. My self esteem has plummeted and other issues of mine have surfaced as well..

I've tried several different anti-perspirants now; all the strong ones and other prescription ones and some of them might kind of work for a little while but then stop.

So I've just ordered Odaban and wondered if anyone else has tried it and if so, what were your experiences?

Last edited:

xtv89x

I was wondering the same. Has anyone had any success with the hands and feet? Odaban came out with a Hand Lotion that claim to instantly dry your hands.

RolloTomasi

Howdy and welcome from another newbie :p

I've never used Odaban, but I just wanted to chime in and say that you shouldn't let HH negatively affect your self esteem. Easier said than done, I know, but HH is basically a medical issue. It's not something you should feel bad about. I know how awkward it can be, especially during the teen years. But keep your chin up and try not to let it get you down. Welcome to the forums! And Merry Christmas all!

stevet

Hi Emma, welcome. I edit the newsletter for the Hyperhidrosis Support Group and also run the online forum Hyperhidrosis Helping Hand - Index We do also have a text helpline, where Megan is on hand to give advice with day to day stuff concerning HH. Odaban tends to be effective, and far less irritating than a lot of similar products. Let us know how you get on with the Odaban, as there are other things you can try if you don't find it working for you. Steve

Emmaa

Hey, thanks for your support!

I've used it for two nights now and today I had a massive family meal thing (my idea of absolute hell!) and although I sweated a little, I thought that it was not as bad as it could have been or normally is. Knowing me though, it was just a one off because my HH often fluctuates between awful and just bad.. Lol.

I'll keep you updated though!

xlisax

Hi Emma,
I use odaban on my face, and have found it does help.
Just make sure your hands are as dry as possible (hard I know) and apply it before you go to bed, if it stings add a bit of talc.
I know when I haven't used odaban as I sweat more and then it takes a few days to kick back in again, having said that I now only apply once a week.
Hope you get on well with odaban! :D

Emmaa

Hey, back for another update :)

Okay, I've been using it for about a week and 2 days now and I really am noticing a difference so far! I had to go in to school today and that is usually when my HH shows itself with a vengeance but it was SO MUCH BETTER!

I just really really really hope that this lasts and it's not like the other ones I've tried that stopped doing anything after a while!

Be back soon, haha :)

rabbittooth

hey emma, glad to hear that u r getting on really well with odaban! how has that been going so far? i've ordered it and am going to use it soon!! let's hope it works well for me too and all the best to u in dealing with HH.

benny from london

crazysour

Hi,I am 17 years old and I've been suffering from HH for 3 years,especially from my hands.Recently I came across the Odaban hand lotion on the internet and I ordered it online and it came today.I was wondering if this product worked for anybody and how long did it take to see the results?
Hope to hear good news :)

Sprawling

Odaban is good stuff for the people that it helps. I haven't used the lotion, only the spray. For me it was no better than most 20% aluminum chloride products other than it tends to sting less in sensitive areas. Iontophoresis treatment for your hands should be considered.

If you are new to trying different treatments, this is the first kind of treatment that dermatologists will have you do.