OCD & Paranoia

Jennifer

Is paranoia a symptom of OCD?

I have OCD and I'm extremely paranoid. I think I may have schizophrenia.

I have so many paranoid thoughts. I think I'm being watched all the time (I'm in my room all day, who the hell is suppose to be watching me?), fear people can read my mind, I think my thoughts are being broadcasted over the radio and television. You know, your basic crazy people thoughts. I have a lot more too. I don't here voices or anything though. I am a little out of touch with reality, I've lived in a fantasy world my whole life.

I'm constantly stressing over the fact that I may be schizophrenic.

So anyone here with OCD also really paranoid? Or is it just me..?

Clinical paranoia requires a delusional fear of being persecuted that the person believes with conviction despite gratuitous evidence to the contrary.

Jennifer

Clinical paranoia requires a delusional fear of being persecuted that the person believes with conviction despite gratuitous evidence to the contrary.

I kinda wanted personal experience from a person with OCD or paranoia... not something pulled of google... Thanks anyway.

Is paranoia a symptom of OCD?

I have OCD and I'm extremely paranoid. I think I may have schizophrenia.

I have so many paranoid thoughts. I think I'm being watched all the time (I'm in my room all day, who the hell is suppose to be watching me?), fear people can read my mind, I think my thoughts are being broadcasted over the radio and television. You know, your basic crazy people thoughts. I have a lot more too. I don't here voices or anything though. I am a little out of touch with reality, I've lived in a fantasy world my whole life.

I'm constantly stressing over the fact that I may be schizophrenic.

So anyone here with OCD also really paranoid? Or is it just me..?

my doc told me, so it isn't bull.. u can't be crazy if ur adfraid pof being crazy or questioning urself, cuz I crazy person would neveer do that, let alone admit that he's crazy... :) don't worry.. i use to think I was being watched...

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Not sure if it's OCD (but from what you describe there, looks like it is) but you are not schizo.

dooby-duck

I've had the being watched thing and often think that people can hear what I'm thinking. At one time I thought someone was monitoring what I recorded on TV and stuff.

jennifer ur not alone, i am extremely paranoid and have been for years. i am stuck in my room all day and hear people talking and think its about me. i dont have paranoya with the tv though, the radio sometimes, but its mostly paranoid thoughts about everything that goes on outside, and i can actually hear my name being said by people outside, and i know they are probably not talking about me, but i can hear them, its so sad being alone, just wish i had more friends or people with me. it cxan be changed though, if you change the way u think, but its hard

violentvalentine

Im pretty sure it is. I am very paranoid about my children. My fear is that someone will break into my house and kidnap my kids while I am sleeping. i make sure all the doors are open(in my kids room) before I go to bed. If my husband is out of town the kids sleep with me. I keep the shot gun by my bed before I go to sleep. Its my worse fear.

agoraphobickatie

Little excessive, no?

lol jennifer, that's like a regular thing here in the south.. i don't know if it's my city, or the way people are with their guns... but most people i know keep a glock in their night stand... hell, rednecks have guns all over their house! haha..
crime is pretty high where i live, i know where the glock is in my house and am fully aware of how to use it! haha

Jennifer

lol jennifer, that's like a regular thing here in the south.. i don't know if it's my city, or the way people are with their guns... but most people i know keep a glock in their night stand... hell, rednecks have guns all over their house! haha..
crime is pretty high where i live, i know where the glock is in my house and am fully aware of how to use it! haha

Really? Wow... thank God I don't live in the states.

Nack

Banned

*scared of Kate*

LadyWench

Paranoia is definitely a form of OCD. I have major hypochondria, which is a form of paranoia and OCD combined. I think you may just be extremely paranoid from obsessive-compulsive disorder. I'm sorry you have to go through such a horrible thing. These mental diseases definitely make us all miserable.

About the schizophrenia, though...I don't think you have it. Most people that are psychotic and aren't in touch with reality, aren't aware that they are psychotic. They are too lost in the mental illness to know that they aren't mentally healthy. It's like a brain dead person knowing they are brain dead. I think.

getbornagain

I'm batshit paranoid. I wrote an exam today and couldn't stop worrying about whether I put my name on it or not, when I clearly did and can even remember doing it. ****in' retarded stuff I tell ya.

P

paranoid to fk

i am so glad i am not the only person who suffers paranoia over OCD. i think that when i turn on the radio an aliens voice will be heard. the other night i went to ihop and our waiter sed he wood give us warm syrup or regular and i sed no cuz i thot he would poison us. then my stumak hurt so iwuz convinced he did sumthin so i took my families plates over to the waiter. then i wouldnt sleep cuz i thot i wood die cuz i didnt want to die so yung. i thot peoplpe were watchnig me from the window tht night. i hate being paranoid cuz then i go to my yunger sister thinking shell keepp me safe frum them. everytime the doorbell rings i run to the bathroom and wait. duz it sound like i have a mental illness or just way over paranoid frum OCD symptoms?