Occasional anxiety attacks that make me go to A&E

milo2020

Sorry this is long but, I need some help and advice.

was rushed to hospital last night, because I was shirt if breath, feeling faint all the time, dizzy and lightheaded, and the paramedic thought there was something not right in a reading he had on his scanning thing when testing my heart beat.

This is the 4th time I been rushed to hospital, this time, instead of the small one in town, the bigger one two hours away, doctors did a blood test, scanned my chest blood sugar blood pressure etc. And found everything was ok, just a slight temperature because of what the doctor thought was probably a viral infection which may be causing the dizzyness, and very likely an anxiety attack with it, especially that I haven't eaten since lunch time.

I know it's better than finding out there's something bad like cancer, heart problem or something like that, but I felt that again I did it again, wasted everyone's time, having to phone the ambulance for me, rushed to a busy A&E hospital where there were limited beds available and nothing more than an anxiety attack and a mild cold or flu.

I just thought it was something bad..

They quickly told me to wait at reception till the morning, then I missed the bus, since the road was closed, hadn't eaten since lunch time yesterday, walked to the bus station, felt weak, pins and needles in my hands mouth and feet, only £10 pound cash with me, and felt I was going to faint again.. luckily someone noticed, and gave me a drink.

(Sorry again for the long story) but I hate this feeling!

How do I prevent this from happening again?
I do physical work which quickly makes me hungry, and it's quite hard to bring food or snacks with me.
How do I stop this feeling faint anxious and short of breath? Not just when I'm hungry and cannot get food right away but when it creeps up on me, mainly when GP surgery is closed!

I get this feeling when I feel hungry, sometimes when I feel anxious stressed or depressed about something, and sometimes when I feel ill, or have acid reflux attack that gives me pain in my throat or chest.

I hate wasting people's time, I don't want to do it again. I never used to have it as bad as this, they just seem to be more similar panic attacks or something this past few years, especially when there's something like dizzyness or muscle pain around the chest etc. linked to illness or muscle strain.

Last edited:

Kiwong

The only way to be beat panic is to slowly and gradually embrace it. Rule out the lie in your mind that it can kill you. Rule out all other health problems that might contribute to this feeling.

When you isolate the panic, and realise it's only your mind tricking you into believing something bad will happen, or you will die. I had to face and embrace panic, to ask panic to show me what it had, and if it couldn't kill me, then I would say to panic, you've got nothing, you can't kill me. Eventually it lost its power.