Not talking loud enough?

Walk

I think it's mainly due to not talking often enough. We just get used to being so quiet, that we actually don't really know what's the "appopriate" loudness level until we get used to it.

That, and I also think that most social phobics simply have a slightly different sense of common courtesy; I think we consider loudness as rudeness, especially in quiet environments (even though this isn't necessarily true).

Honda

i got over the problem.. you gotta challenge urself and get more social with people, just a matter of time u will change...

Honda

yes i still freak out when people talk loud to me.. and that i consider as cowardice, at least thats how they interpret it... and i start of get anxious and confused..

Reddle

I guess this is a common problem for social phobics.... The strategy I use to struggl with this is simply speaking TO the subject. It sounds so silly, but I simply speak loudly enough that my voice 'travels' to the other individual, if not louder. It's a pain to remember remember remember and remember but it helps. :p

Richey

i think for me this all comes down to other people listening in on the conversation. its as if i'm second guessing how loud i speak because i dont know if it will offend other people in the room, this is mainly at work and school around larger groups. but especially around people where i feel paranoid.