No one cares about me but...

zav943

I think I can relate to the many people here who feel that no one cares about them; we go about our lives unnoticed, our phone rarely rings, and our spare time is wasted on anything but socializing.

But I've realized lately that, for better or for worse, we have to learn to accept the fact that this is how we are, not feel depressed by it. We should stop seeking validation from society. We are who we are...we are not socially successful because, for one reason or the other, we do not have much social appeal.

From here on, I am going to walk proud and enjoy life for my own benefit. I will do what *I* want when I want. In fact, I am going to go skiing tomorrow by myself. I know I suck, but so what...how can people judge me any worse than they already have?

Life is short...go out there and have fun on your own. Don't think about others...their opinion does not matter. DO NOT SEEK THEIR APPROVAL ON YOUR LIFESTYLE OR ON ANY OF YOUR CHOICES.

I read somewhere that, only when we've accepted ourselves for who we are - only when we're comfortable with being ourselves - can we truly feel comfortable around others.

Have a great day!

twiggle

All your points are very true.
My social life isn't bad, I seldom do nothing at the weekend, but I was never really doing what I wanted to until I realised it last year.
I don't like clubs but would go along with everyone else even though I hated the music.
Nobody else I'm friends with listens to the same music as me and I realised that I was missing out on tonnes of great concerts because of that.
So now I just go alone.
And I travel alone too and meet new people when I'm out there.
Can't always rely on people wanting to do the same things in the same way that you do.
And you don't necessarily have to push yourself into doing these things because they won't always make you feel better.

goldenholds

I think I can relate to the many people here who feel that no one cares about them; we go about our lives unnoticed, our phone rarely rings, and our spare time is wasted on anything but socializing.

But I've realized lately that, for better or for worse, we have to learn to accept the fact that this is how we are, not feel depressed by it. We should stop seeking validation from society. We are who we are...we are not socially successful because, for one reason or the other, we do not have much social appeal.

From here on, I am going to walk proud and enjoy life for my own benefit. I will do what *I* want when I want. In fact, I am going to go skiing tomorrow by myself. I know I suck, but so what...how can people judge me any worse than they already have?

Life is short...go out there and have fun on your own. Don't think about others...their opinion does not matter. DO NOT SEEK THEIR APPROVAL ON YOUR LIFESTYLE OR ON ANY OF YOUR CHOICES.

I read somewhere that, only when we've accepted ourselves for who we are - only when we're comfortable with being ourselves - can we truly feel comfortable around others.

Have a great day!

Exactly!!! And whats more, if you are confident and comfortable with your own lifestyle, others are far less likely to judge you negitively. When I felt bad about my lifestyle people often gave me odd looks and a wide berth. But lately I feel much better, and I've even had married women tell me that they wish their husbands were more like me!!! I think I know what they mean, but its funny because if their husbands were like me they wouldn't be husbands in the first place. Funny thing to wish for. :D

JamesSmith

Have a great day!

You are preaching to not care what other people think. And that's good, we shouldn't worry about what others think. But the SAD problem is still there. Why? Because it doesn't matter who you are or what you think, if you live your life alone, you will be lonely and depressed. You can't out-think loneliness and depression. Even if you don't care what others think, you still will never be consistently happy if you spend life alone. The truth is that humans are not meant to be alone, we aren't made for that. I don't even like that fact, but I know it's true.

Kiwong

I agree with the points you make in your post probably excpet for the first line or two.

However people do care for me, and I do plenty on my weekends. Even though it is very hard I often have fun on my own.

inconspicuous name

the short of it is, people only care if you make them care.

if you never make the effort to talk to someone then true, they probably won't care about you (at least as much). you have to realise you are the only thing that will influence what other people think of you.

Fighter86

No one cares about me but...me. Seriously. Sure, I have got all these extended family, but they only sort of care when I do something unusual, like stay out all night and not come back. When people really care, they should start caring even before anything happens, not when after something happens that they start to care, its too late then.