no friends

I have a girlfriend ive been dating for a long time, we are very close and I have some acquantiances but most of the time i feel like I have no people that I percieve as true friends although maybe it's just my perception.

applegirl

I think my social anxiety really shows its' true form even when i am in a small group of people. I got through 4 days of jury duty before i could not take it any more and asked to be discharged. there were only 22 other people in the room with me and yet i could not talk to any of them. i exchanged a few words with one of them but i feel like that doesn't really count. I shake on the inside just knowing there are so many other people in front of me like that. I'm all alone at school. I hadn't meant to but last semester I flunked all my classes. All of them. No one knows this. I wasn't keeping up with my homework and i missed so many classes. I don't think i'm depressed but i hate school when i have classes that don't hold my interest. I only have one person in my cell phone who I regularly text and write to.

I have my ups and downs. Once I remember i woke up from sleeping in the morning and I'll never forget what I felt. I was suddenly overcome with extreme loneliness. Usually I try not to think so much and it's been so long since I've had my own group of girlfriends or circle of friends to stand around and chat with in between classes in the hall that i've gotten used to it. but i guess the loneliness is always going to be there despite. I suppose it's better than being surrounded by a bunch of people and having to constantly put on a fake smile and not being close with any of them as true friends.

Tiercel

I have a handful of friends and two siblings in real life. But I don't feel like I'm really close to any of them. I really just try to appreciate their company when I'm around them.

Online I talk to people, but again I'm not particularly close with any of them. The closest thing I have to a confidant is this site, and I don't type out everything that I want to discuss.

Basically I'm too shy/nervous to initiate contact with others, lonely when I don't, and nervous the whole time I do. Ah, life.

:D

lunarla

I can say that I have friends. But none of the friendships are to the point where I feel like I could talk to any of them about anything personal and serious. And I really am mostly fine with that! But in that same respect I don't know if I could say I reaaaally have friends. I don't know. What is a friend, anyway? I tend to not let people in, and so the nature of any friendships I have are just on the surface. People I can joke around with, maybe have the same taste in music with or have a similar view on some issue. But talk about each others feelings and personal problems? Noooo way.