No energy

aj

Do any of you lose your energy when you're not around people, eg. at home? Without my job mine has almost literally completely gone. I'm laying in bed until 4am, getting up at 1pm, and then an hour after that I'll be napping again. When I do get to sleep I sleep fine. I used to do a normal day's work so I don't think it's medical. It's horrible, I never wanted time off because of this.

Ren Koutaisou

My thoughts go suicidal when I'm not around people. Last time I was home alone, I shed about 4 tears.

So you say you never want time off because of this? I believe that means your body is used to high levels of stress (work) so you should just keep working.

aj

No motivation indeed. Time off is wasted on me, I have no life. During my time off I only have enough energy to think about how I don't have enough energy to get a life. Can't even be bothered to cry or kill myself.

Last edited:

Lorraine Manca

energy creates energy. the more you move, the more you'll want to move, if that makes sense. you'll have to force it at first, but then itll come on its own. plus drink coffee!

Lorraine Manca

i hope you guys try the moving thing. if you start little habits like pacing, even fidgeting while you sit, and just moving alot, little things, you'll have tons of energy, you'll also look like you have ADHD, but it might be worth it to you!

Krista

Without a job or school it's like I have no will to do anything because I have nothing to preocupy myself with. So I just wonder around the house sometimes and it f*cking sucks.

Ppl drain my energy too so I end up having the most energy at home where I'm the most comfortable with myself.. If you always feel like you have no energy might want to try working out more..you'd think it would make you tired but it actually boosts energy..

Etherwind

During times of extended cold and no sunlight I feel my energy levels are drained. Chances are, most of you in here sound a bit depressed, so you probably lack the motivation to care about the food you're putting in your body. Either not eating enough, or eating too much fatty, sugary and starchy processed foods - that coupled with no exercise will wreck havoc on your being. Eat more raw/organic fruits & vegetables and try to do something that makes you sweat every day. People who don't have school or a job and find themselves bored to tears: Do Something! You can read, you have access to the internet! Pirate some ebooks and learn something! Get in shape, learn a skill, find a hobby. If you become interested in something people will start to find you interesting and your energy can remain perpetual.

aj

How do you guys get up the energy to go out and do something... I do do small things at home but the energy they give me is too little and disappears too quickly afterwards. I have one person left who doesn't mind talking to me by text... I don't know what to say any more. Small talk is boring. I can't ask if I can join him when he goes out because I have no energy to do it.

mrb

join a gym ... or get a multi gym at home and a running machine like me ... use them , eat good wholesome food and your energy levels will go right up ...... i feel great after a good workout and a good healthy meal afterwards :) trust me it works .......

staticreflex

No motivation indeed. Time off is wasted on me, I have no life. During my time off I only have enough energy to think about how I don't have enough energy to get a life. Can't even be bothered to cry or kill myself.

Yeah, I always make plans on how to change, but when it comes down to it I have no motivation to follow through.

I've struggled with low "energy" for decades now (mainly of the mental/emotional kind). I've tried hundreds of things to try to boost it, over the years, with very very few things actually working. I think it's a tremendously complex thing/topic, and until science/medicine fully understands it properly it will continue to elude most attempts at resolution. But thats not to say that your energy levels can't be boosted, but its usually by things which we don't understand &/or can't reliably duplicate. And everybody's different, which even further complicates matters!. For instance, a person is in a "certain type" of low-energy state, and just for that situation their energy is boosted by being around people. But the very next day, even with seemingly the same type of low-energy, their energy is not boosted by being around people (even if its the same people, & the same things happening)!

So, in summary, with a small number of exceptions, i believe that there are a number of factors (ie not just one thing) involved in the ability to increase the "energy" level. Exactly what these factors are ... well that one's for someone else to tackle! lol

Richey

i think its as simple as whether you are truly keeping busy occupying yourself with something that engages your mind or whether you spend your time worrying or being idle ...i think there has to be some stimulation otherwise your mind becomes what it practices, so the solution would be to read or keep busy in the times you catch yourself being idle and having little energy ..

darkangel

i think its as simple as whether you are truly keeping busy occupying yourself with something that engages your mind or whether you spend your time worrying or being idle ...i think there has to be some stimulation otherwise your mind becomes what it practices, so the solution would be to read or keep busy in the times you catch yourself being idle and having little energy ..

Yess that's the way. It's not easy tho. I love my job because I'm so busy....but when I come back home and I have nothing to do.....ZOMBIE !!!

This is hard. Try to keep your mind active. How ? I really don't know... when my mind is active I got energy. How to make that happen ? BIG HUGE MYSTERY. Some days, music does the job. Some days not. I started working out but most of the time my mind was turning off again. I think this is just a question of motivation and happiness, and that's so complex because it can be your thoughts or it can be the chemicals in the brain...

I have one trick that works for me but I don't think that's the best, but still works for me. This is from Children of Bodom.

"Hates keeps a man alive. It gives him strength."

So when I feel dead, I can bring Hate much more easily that anything else. And when I'm angry, at least I am not half-dead lying on the couch. I feel stronger. Okay I feel like I want to kill everybody but at least I am doing something !! So that's my trick...it's not good but I just try to avoid to be zombie...that's how I survive right now.

Anyone got tricks too ?

Yeah, experiencing the same stuff currently. Everynite i cant sleep and when i wake up in the morning i felt unmotivated and not an ounce of energy in me. I'll just sit there... still sitting.... after like 15 min... find something to do. It's been 5 month unemployed... it so frustrating and my mind kept drifting... Must find a job somehow