Newbie here

soared

Hi everyone!
I'm a 20 year old guy from Holland, and I've been having social phobias since I was around 12 years old. Before I was 6 I was actually quite the trouble maker, saying what was on my mind all the time. I'm not sure what happened exactly (bullies might have had something to do with it), but I slowly shut myself off from the world until I went to high school. That was a true nightmare at times, not daring to be sociable enough to make friends, in an environment that didn't teach me anything I will ever need to know. A few classmates managed to see through my thick skin and I'm lucky to have them as my friends.

Over the last few years I've brightened up considerably. Finishing high school lifted a huge burden, so at least I was no longer depressed. I'm no longer as awkward as I used to be, but I'm not yet where I want to be. My friends and family always tell me I'm quiet. Thing is, if I'm in a not-so-shy mood I don't have anything to say because of a seeming lack of small talk skills...

Enough selfloathing. :) We're here to help each other out, and learn to be as awesome as we want.

DespairSoul

Hello welcome=)

That's awesum u see how much holland greeting u gets? Ha sorry i can't give u one to hard. So Hello in English must be enough hihi:D