New to the forum

tizzy

Hi, I've been reading here for a few days now and decided I'd like to join in hopes of some support with my depression/anxiety/social disorder

Nobody gets me.

Wishing I can find people that can relate to me (and me to them)
I have noticed there are mostly younger people here....well, younger than me. I'm a 58 Yr. old female. I've been prone to depression since teen years but my symptoms have grown deeper every year. To the point now that I have developed an anxiety disorder and social phobia symptoms.

Eloquence is not one of my traits. Articulating to others is one of my problems, so please bear with me.
Thank you!

hardy

Hi, I've been reading here for a few days now and decided I'd like to join in hopes of some support with my depression/anxiety/social disorder

Nobody gets me.

Wishing I can find people that can relate to me (and me to them)
I have noticed there are mostly younger people here....well, younger than me. I'm a 58 Yr. old female. I've been prone to depression since teen years but my symptoms have grown deeper every year. To the point now that I have developed an anxiety disorder and social phobia symptoms.

Eloquence is not one of my traits. Articulating to others is one of my problems, so please bear with me.
Thank you!

Hi Tizzy...welcome to the forum. I would like to tell you it is possible to overcome social phobia or any other problem. And the answer lies in self-observation. It is easier said than done but there in lies the solution to all our problems.

Had severe anxiety where in i was scared to leave my room....i have made decent improvements through self-observation, i.e, through meditation(as taught by Buddha).

Please google 'vipassana' to find how observation works or read this article:The Art of Living: Vipassana Meditation

By the way You articulated your message pretty Eloquently.:bigsmile:

:thumbup: