New sweaty member

Nicholas

Hi guys,
I am a new sweaty member. I have hyperhidrosis. Or maybe I don't! I mean, how can you even be sure? I just know I sweat so much that it has ruined my life. I would say I have severe facial HH (but of course I sweat a lot in other areas too). In social situations it is triggered by social anxiety, so I feel hot like I'm blushing and I start to drip. In other cases, when I notice I sweat too much I start to get anxious and I sweat even more. Other cases when I sweat a lot are whenever I do any physical activity. Moving a finger is enough for me to start sweating.

As I said, this has become a huge problem for me. Just think that I can't even stay in the sun (even at less than 30 Celsius / 86 Fahrenheit, which is not too hot here), and in just a few moments I am DRIPPING. Just doing nothing. Walking in the sun is a good way for me to turn into a living shower. Put that and social anxiety together and you will understand why I gave up everything and my life is... well, I don't really have a life, I guess.

I see most of you manage to cope with it, somehow, but most of you just have palmar or axillary HH. I know facial HH is the worst, and then I don't want to take risks and try surgery or weird medications, also because I like to do physical activity (riding a bicycle is the only thing I manage to do somehow, even if I sweat tons of water like a fountain), so I am afraid to alter the natural "cooling system" especially on my head.

I can't go on like this of course, so I am trying to cure myself in some way. I'm 24, and miserable because of this crap that has been a disabling issue for several years already. Also, it's getting worse, so I need to act, so that's why I decided to join. I don't like medications at all, so for now I am just focusing on the psychological part and studying that. Maybe it's anxiety that causes HH. And I hope so, because that would mean I (and you) could probably get rid of it. And I don't just mean HH related to SA, but just HH in general. Maybe it's really anxiety (or stress, which is related) that is the real cause of HH in general. The thing is, there are no certain causes of HH, everything seems so uncertain to me. One website says you have HH because you have more glands, another says that it's because the glands are more sensitive to the signals, another one says it's your nervous system that actually sends more signals... From all this, I understand no one knows much yet.

So that's all, and I guess you'll see me around here pretty much during this summer. I just wanted to introduce myself and hear some opinions. I am often just depressed because I really don't know what I could do with my life if I didn't manage to solve this huge problem.
Thanks for listening. :)

Hey Nicholas,

I sweat too, but not like you describe. I get sweaty when I am really anxious. Its usually when I am having an anxietty attack, my face sweats. I dont know nothing about this HH condition, but if you feel you have it, do some research to make sure.

hels

hi, you sound exactly like me. I try to not leave the house once the temperture gets above 24 C, which is a little difficult when you have to earn a living!

Nicholas

hi, you sound exactly like me. I try to not leave the house once the temperture gets above 24 C, which is a little difficult when you have to earn a living!

And would it be difficult to go to university? I would have to take the train (no a/c), waiting for them outside, and walk about a mile / a couple of km to get to the university. Do I need to say I am not going anymore? In April I would already sweat in the class wearing light clothes. This crap has ruined everything. I just don't know what to do, but I swear to god I am going to find the truth... a solution, something, whatever. And I know it won't be easy at all, but if I find anything, I will tell everyone for free... Maybe I'm gonna get famous, lol.

hels

Hiya, I went to university and loved it, but I live in the UK so we dont get much sun except for July and August when its the holidays anyway. University is much easier than working because its more flexible - i.e. if its too hot for you to go to a lecture you can study at home and you dont inconvience anyone except yourself. Travelling is worst for me so I always travel alone (i dont care if strangers stare but i hate seeing people i know) and arrive about fifteen minutes to half an hour early so i have time to calm and cool down in a quiet place, mop my face, refresh deodourant etc. Sometimes i will carry ice packs, ie those used for sports injuries or keeping picnics cool, with me to help me cool down when i get there.

Hey Nicholas
We have all felt the way you do, struggling with our condition. Hang in there man and dont give up, before I found this site and all the different information I had given up on finding a way to live with it and was just always depressed. Cant tell you how much this site and the information here have change my life. Its great that others with this condition come together to help eachother.

mismeek

New sweaty member....i had to reread that.. *shakes head* my mind was in the gutter.sorry lol

Nicholas

Re: Sweat pants News

Meeky meeky meek!!! Well umm what did you see it as before???

Yeah, what happened? Did you read "new SWEETY member"? LOL. I'm sweet, inside though, because outside I'm salty because of my sweat, heh. I wish I could sweat sugar, at least then maybe girls would like to lick me. Maybe. Hmmm. :D