New start!

ilmatross

velcome my friend :D

i am in the same situation more or less, traumatic event started my SA and i let it decay my social life into something I don't like at all

im glad you're positive about it from the get-go, you'll find a lot of people to support you here :)

Acegame

Nice to meet you;)

Ah that really sucks. Must have made a big impact on you.

Some time ago I heard positive things about a treatment that can help people who have SA caused by a traumatic event. It is called EMDR, short for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. Have you allready tried that? I think it helps you dealing with traumatic experiences in the past and give it a place. It doesnt help me because my SA wasnt caused by a traumatic event (I think) but maybe it can help you.

ilmatross

Nice to meet you;)

Ah that really sucks. Must have made a big impact on you.

Some time ago I heard positive things about a treatment that can help people who have SA caused by a traumatic event. It is called EMDR, short for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. Have you allready tried that? I think it helps you dealing with traumatic experiences in the past and give it a place. It doesnt help me because my SA wasnt caused by a traumatic event (I think) but maybe it can help you.

No I haven't heard of it prior to this but it sounds interesting. I have problems with eye contact, don't know if they're related. I'm just about to head off to bed for the night I'll research it in the morning and tell you if it looks promising. Thanks for the heads up :)

edit: how rude I forgot to introduce myself lol. I'm extremely sleepy. Names Matt nice to meet you max.

Last edited:

Ignace

Great you're optimistic. :D I wish you all the luck you need, and you're right. You HAVE to force yourself if you want to beat it imo. It's going to be though, but think of the 'reward' ;)
Welcome here. ^^