New here

I'm new here, although I joined along time ago but I guess I forgot I did. I belong to a few Social Anxiety forums, but today I was looking for a new one. I saw this one, and I thought it looked familiar and I tried to register only to see I am already registered. Although I guess when I made this name I accidentally forgot the M. It's supposed to be mid20sgirl86.

Anyway, I am 26 years old and I've had social anxiety for a while now. It feels like it's getting worse although I want to try and work on getting rid of it. The last two years I've been going through a depression and isolating myself except when I went to work or to visit my family. However, I decided to needed to stop. The first step was to move from my old building and into my new one I am in now. The old building I lived in wasn't easy for me to live in at all. This one is a condo, and I've noticed even with a new environment I feel happier. Now I am in the process of trying to talk to people more. Easier said then done, but I don't want to waste the rest of my 20s by hiding.

Thank you. I also noticed I must have accidentally signed up as male, so I had to fix that too. I must have just given this site a quick look or something when I registered.

Lamb

Hi, welcome. Good to hear the change of location helped. That's a goal for me, to leave where I am but it feels close to impossible.

Last edited:

coyote

Thank you. I also noticed I must have accidentally signed up as male, so I had to fix that too. I must have just given this site a quick look or something when I registered.

new users are male by default

nothing some sharps scissors can't correct

MikeyC

Welcome to the site. You and I are the same age and I can relate to the anxiety and depression. Good on you for attempting something different. Hopefully that continues for you. :)

Plan9

Welcome,

I'm about the same age and what you said about not spending the rest of your 20s hiding struck a cord with me. The only thing I found thats helped was CBT and the NHS only gave me six session, which isn't much to change the habbits of a life time. Must be doable though.