Never been kissed

young

I was making out with Bexi last nite.. No, wait that was my pillow. Does that count as being kissed? :?

Larissa

ColdFury said:
realising that there is nothing wrong with you and that you can do all of these things you thought you couldn't.

Except there is something wrong with us.

Thats the exact kind of thinking thats got you to where you are! It's not like you actually are a different species to everyone else....... you've alienated yourself. It's amazing the things you can convince yourself when your not around other people.

A social phobia is the same as any phobia, it can be fixed...... If it is really serious for you then there are people who can help.

Larissa

Disconnected said:
Thanks. Yeah I know that I'm still relatively young and may still be able to salvage this life. My point is just that I basically wasted my childhood and adolescence. All the experiences that most people have during those times, that then influence them and enable them to live a normal life, I haven't had. Its hard to come to terms with the fact that I'll never have those years again to do over and don't really feel empowered to better myself now with the time I still do have. Its difficult to change when theres alot of things to feel guilty, ashamed, or depressed about. I'm trying to figure out where to go from here.

It's so weird to hear people talk about the exact same things that I've felt before! Surely though you've done things during your teenage years that you can be happy about? I like to think that while my social life was limited... I studied a fair bit and managed to get into university, maybe I wouldn't have if i'd had distractions......that kind of thing. Maybe even better.. this is very optimistic, you'll learn from that experience and not waste any more time!

Richey

I agree with Laurissa!

Its just like any phobia! it can be solved in a short amount of time.
Even the most confident people feel awkwardness and nervous about almost everything.

Rejection scares people into isolation! But the more often it happens the easier it is to deal with.
For instance Alcahol can change a persons state of mind in weird ways.
Then it proves that our minds can be easily controlled. And even in a sober state it is possible to dictate our own reactions to daily events.
Just train yourself.

People have to remember that you can control your reactions and emotions to almost anything.
For instance if a german prostitute can sing a poppy! version of Highway to Hell on Eurovision and walk off the stage unscaved.

Then we really do have nothing to worry about.

Disconnected

The german prostitute sleeps with people for a living. I would be worried if she wasn't able to do that.

I don't view this as something that can be fixed quickly. I view this, at least for me, as something that has become part of my personality. I'm not a person who has just developed a problem relating to people. I'm a person who was never able to relate to people in the first place. Its like telling a computer to solve a complicated problem without the necessary software.

I don't simply have a hard time talking to people. I feel as if I am completely seperated from them. I am living in a completely different world. I'm behind a large psychological pane of glass that disables me from forming any kind of connection. The average person's interests are so far away from me. Even if I had a chance to talk to someone, I feel as if the necessary changes in perspective that I would have to adopt would terrify me and leave me incapacitated.

ColdFury

Larissa said:
ColdFury said:
realising that there is nothing wrong with you and that you can do all of these things you thought you couldn't.

Except there is something wrong with us.

Thats the exact kind of thinking thats got you to where you are! It's not like you actually are a different species to everyone else....... you've alienated yourself. It's amazing the things you can convince yourself when your not around other people.

A social phobia is the same as any phobia, it can be fixed...... If it is really serious for you then there are people who can help.

Who are these people who can help me? Certainly not the psychiatrists or psychologists who have been unable to help me! You think I haven't tried to get better? Nothing has helped.

There is certainly something wrong with me. Saying otherwise is just going la-la-la and pretending there's no problem and everything is swell. Meanwhile my life just slips away.

Larissa

Who are these people who can help me? Certainly not the psychiatrists or psychologists who have been unable to help me! You think I haven't tried to get better? Nothing has helped.

There is certainly something wrong with me. Saying otherwise is just going la-la-la and pretending there's no problem and everything is swell. Meanwhile my life just slips away.[/quote]

I didn't know you had seeked help before. Im not saying that this isn't a really serious problem for you, it obviously is.... my comments were based on the fact that many have gotten help before and it's been successful. I guess I don't know what Id do either if professional help didn't work, actually im suprised you had the confidence to get help! your not such a hopeless case afterall!! Id be terrified to talk to someone I didn't know about this kind of stuff!

Larissa

Also I definitely do not think that there is some quick fix for this.... therapy would be one of the hardest things you'd ever have to do, but if there's that chance that it could improve your life just slightly, then go for it....

Jane631

ahh! my friends drive me crazy when they talk baout kissing and making out and their boyfriends. Ive never had a boyfriend, Ive been kissed once, but it can hardly count cause it was a complete prude kiss in spin the bottle, besides, it was my guyfriend. Ive never made out or really kissed and im so scared ill be awful at it and they'll hate me, lol. They call me a prude cause ive never kissed anyone, but its kinda just that ive never had the opertunty, and im kinda scared. if that makes me prudy, fine! i can live with that! o well, i guess ill survive. lol