Never been kissed

allanboy

Turned 18 in a month and a half, kissed, like, 3 or 4 weeks before that. Being, kissed at 17.
Whoa, was such a weight off my back. This was a great benefit to the fight against SA.

Fake edit: i´m probably never going to tell this to anyone but, i drank a beer can before going to meet the girl. Was feeling all shaky and anxious, like, disembarking in omaha beach, when the brew came down, things got relaxed. But boy, in hindsight, did i hesitate. This is going to haunt my whole life, the hesitation before the act. Well, the feeling was great afterall!

J

17 is not "too late" in my book. It took me until I was 18. These sort of things get easier over time, too, once you've started the ball rolling (so to speak). Even with SA, the more you do certain things, the easier they get, the better you get at them, and the more chances you have to do it. :)

allanboy: Don't beat yourself up over "hesitation before the act." You acted, and successfully-- that's the big thing! :)

allanboy

Yeah, i know. Sometimes i even laugh at it, and i know i cant eat myself for something so long ago, but hell, still stitches sometimes

ColdFury

know a of people with sa stay in a lot and I know you'l hate me for saying but maybe you should try get out more take the opportunity's while you can (your only younge once)

If it was that easy why would we be posting here? You think we don't want to get out?

redlady

I've kissed a few people and there is a definate difference of feeling between kissing someone you really like / love and kissing someone you don't.

Horatio

ColdFury said:
know a of people with sa stay in a lot and I know you'l hate me for saying but maybe you should try get out more take the opportunity's while you can (your only younge once)

If it was that easy why would we be posting here? You think we don't want to get out?

I HAVE been going out a lot more than I used to, considering that a year ago I only left my bedroom to use the bathroom or kitchen. "Going out" means bugger all.
Its fucked, I was fucked when I stayed at home all the time and never met any girls and now Im fucked when I do go out and make an effort.
But we shouldnt get too hung up on it I guess, guy/girl relationships is just one area where a lot of people with SP struggle, especially guys.
I wanna learn to kiss so when I get the guts Im going to pay a prostitute to teach me, just kissing, nothing else. Maybe then kissing will be one less thing that my looks and illness denys me and one less mystery of the elite

veryshy

24 . No kisses no hugs. :cry:

I wish I could just "go out". I aint that easy when your broke, dont have a car, dont have a job and dont have any friends. But hey its my fault, Im just not good enuff :roll:

Disconnected

Do any of you suffer more than just embarassment from this?

I don't feel bad simply because I haven't been kissed or gotten laid. For me this isn't an issue of feeling bad because I'm not like everyone else. For me this is an issue of basic human connection. I don't care about others experiences. This is a serious situation where every single day I feel more depressed, anxious, and generally less sane because I'm increasingly living more in my mind than in the real world. I'm scared because I feel so far away from people that I can no longer interact with them at all. Its as if I'm of a different species.

Can anyone relate to this? I'm not some child yearning to relate to the masses. I just want my life to be validated with someone of a like mind.

Larissa

I just want to say that I know how it feels to be left out of those 'first kiss' conversations, I didn't kiss anyone until I was 21, I was so sick of feeling so different from everybody else and so ashamed that I got really drunk one night and and it happened with some sleazy guy. It was a horrible experience and you'll only be dissapointed if you rush it or force it when your not ready. Be patient and don't worry what other people think, Im sure its more common than we all realise, its just not something people are proud to talk about. It may not seem like it now but you'll find someone your comfortable with, and the whole idea of kissing someone just wont seem that daunting.

Hussein

mish_mash said:
at only 17, i wouldn't worry about it. there are lots of 17 yr olds who haven't been kissed, they just make out (pun intended!!) they have to be like everyone else.

i'm rapidly heading towards 30, and i've never been kissed, let alone anything else...

If you are "only 17" you can't exactly be "rapidly heading towards 30"! Chill bro, there is plenty of time to do everything in the world without pretending that you are going to turn 30 tomorrow.

ColdFury

Being patient is pointless. I can't sit here in my room thinking that one day I'll magically meet someone one day. If I stay like I am there's absolutely no hope, and I don't know how to change.

Disconnected

Patience is pointless. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise because you will ALWAYS use the excuse that there is enough time, until there isn't any time left. Life and opportunity are not guarantees regardless of what people say. If you want to experience things you have to act as soon as possible.
I wish I could take my own advice because at 19, I'm already realizing that I have wasted my teenage years and will NEVER get them back. I want to act but feel too depressed, anxious, scared. Do what you can do while you can do it.

khart

When I first entered college we had to write a small essay about our first kiss (so the professor could evaluate our writing skills). I had to make up a story to save face. Its been a few years since then and still nothing. :cry:

Larissa

Sorry guys my mistake..... Patient was the wrong word! I guess I just meant you have to gradually lead yourself up into a situation were you feel comfortable around someone.

Disconnected, By the way 19 is fairly young, it's not like there some kind of time limit that will restrict you from kissing someone. I understand that you feel like you've wasted your teenage years, because I did the same thing..... but there's that old cliche that there actually is plenty of time to do everything else. Take your time do little things first, you'll gain confidence by realising that there is nothing wrong with you and that you can do all of these things you thought you couldn't.

Disconnected

Thanks. Yeah I know that I'm still relatively young and may still be able to salvage this life. My point is just that I basically wasted my childhood and adolescence. All the experiences that most people have during those times, that then influence them and enable them to live a normal life, I haven't had. Its hard to come to terms with the fact that I'll never have those years again to do over and don't really feel empowered to better myself now with the time I still do have. Its difficult to change when theres alot of things to feel guilty, ashamed, or depressed about. I'm trying to figure out where to go from here.

elProscrito

Disconnected said:
My point is just that I basically wasted my childhood and adolescence. All the experiences that most people have during those times, that then influence them and enable them to live a normal life, I haven't had.

i just feel the same. i spent my teenage years sitting at home alone and now i don't have any experience with friendship and all that social stuff. i've never had a girlfriend and never been kissed either and i'm about to turn 20. it's goddamn embarassing

Disconnected

I basically sat in front of a TV or a book. Its scares me sometimes the degree to which I feel seperated from any kind of social reality.