Neglecting Your Friends

Nl54

Does anyone else make up excuses when friends ask them to do things? I know I do, and I feel guilty for it later. Your friends start to think that you don't like them, when in reality it's exhausting for people with social anxiety to be, well, social. I've become better about doing social activities here lately, but I still have those days where I get that overwhelming anxiety when invited to do something. Thoughts?

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Yes. I burned bridges here - when things went bad for me 3 years ago... burned one group of friends, stayed okay with other from HS; but I still have excuses and we arent too close. See movies occasionally, go to one of their houses for video games and feel like Im 17 again; which would be cool if I had a LIFE... I mean, Im lucky to have even them yes. But there's just this lack of bond these days, just always nolst HS when we meet up; so still feel bleh. HOWEVER they still ask my occasionally when they get together so lucky they havent just said forget about him.

But I could go on with other groups but I won't. =)

Bustn Justin

My thing is not that I try to get out of a situation but I think I have missed cues that someone would like me to hang out with them. Mostly since I am afraid of being myself around them.

Phoenixx

I do this a ton... Then I feel guilty and wonder why I still have friends since I've done it so often. But, they still stick around and put up with me thankfully. :) I actually went out with some friends the other night. The night before then, I had 3 panic attacks because of the anxiety. I thought about calling it off completely since I lost sleep and felt horrible, but I forced myself to go with them anyway. Guess what? I had a great time. :)

i do this all the time, i wish i had a life but when someone asks me to go to a party or cinemas or something like that i always end up making an excuse... so frustrating

darkrider

I haven't hung out with friends in 4 years. By now they know not ask cause I wouldn't show up. It's quite sad actually. We'd be siting down in school and everyone would be planning their weekend hang outs and it's like they won't even acknowledge me. They'd be discussing where they're gonna hang out and it's not like they even say 'So are you coming?" cause they just don't bother with me anymore.

But whatever. It doesn't bother me tbh.

MrJones

I haven't hung out with friends in 4 years. By now they know not ask cause I wouldn't show up. It's quite sad actually. We'd be siting down in school and everyone would be planning their weekend hang outs and it's like they won't even acknowledge me. They'd be discussing where they're gonna hang out and it's not like they even say 'So are you coming?" cause they just don't bother with me anymore.

But whatever. It doesn't bother me tbh.

the same thing happened to me, every excuse just made me dissapear a little more from their lives.... now i have no life and I wish i could go back there to tell myself to accept their offer

and, as Phoenixx said, you can have a great time. just try it

Bloir

the same thing happened to me, every excuse just made me dissapear a little more from their lives.... now i have no life and I wish i could go back there to tell myself to accept their offer

and, as Phoenixx said, you can have a great time. just try it

It is the same for me. At first I had thousands of friends althought i was fearful to go places. Then i started to have big fears and the anxiety was each time worst. I was worried all the day and finally i said excuses for everything.

I have not friends now. I am ok but when i have free time in the weekends my life is as bored because i always do the same ...Watching movies, reading...alone in house.

whattodo1

I always join when a friend asks me to do something.. I feel like this day will work out for me but then I end up going there and being mute and feel really bad about myself when I get home, but I keep trying anyways