Need to get it out

crunch-yogurt

Im new so i though id post something.
i feel like i need to get a few thing out and this seems like a good place to do it.
im a 20 year old guy and feel like im a bit of a failure at life. As far back as i can remeber ive always been a some what introverted person even as a child. i never had any major problems untill I got to secondary school.

People took a instant disliking to me because I was quite and kept to myself. I had prity much the whole class laughing at me behind my back and make sneaky comments about me when i spoke in class. this went on for about two years and I just dealt with it untill i went into a different class.

Things got better from there but i took me a while before i warmed up to people and i eventually started to get on with people. Thinking back it wasnt so bad theres people who had to deal with way worst, but i think it made me very bitter towards people. I do have friends and im really thankfully but i just cant seem to relate to people in general. Its hard to explaine but I feel that most people dont want to know me. Ever now and then ill run into someone I know and ill be blatently ignored. this is one of the worst feelings ever.

Ive never had any kind of relationship and have 0 experience with girls. This really gets me down at times. I do my best to hide this but I sometimes get comments of people and this make me feel like such a piece of ****. I been acused of being gay a few times among other things. Its just that i have 0 confidence. Over the last year or so ive noticed that I tend to avoid going to stuff a lot. I just hate the thought of going to something and not being able to talk to anyone. Im sure a lot of this stuff is my own fault.

I go through periods where i just feel really bad but i dont think i have full on depression.

thanks for listening i know theres a lot of stuff in that post

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
i feel like i need to get a few thing out and this seems like a good place to do it.
im a 20 year old guy and feel like im a bit of a failure at life. As far back as i can remeber ive always been a some what introverted person even as a child. i never had any major problems untill I got to secondary school.

People took a instant disliking to me because I was quite and kept to myself. I had prity much the whole class laughing at me behind my back and make sneaky comments about me when i spoke in class. this went on for about two years and I just dealt with it untill i went into a different class.

Things got better from there but i took me a while before i warmed up to people and i eventually started to get on with people. Thinking back it wasnt so bad theres people who had to deal with way worst, but i think it made me very bitter towards people. I do have friends and im really thankfully but i just cant seem to relate to people in general. Its hard to explaine but I feel that most people dont want to know me. Ever now and then ill run into someone I know and ill be blatently ignored. this is one of the worst feelings ever.

Ive never had any kind of relationship and have 0 experience with girls. This really gets me down at times. I do my best to hide this but I sometimes get comments of people and this make me feel like such a piece of ****. I been acused of being gay a few times among other things. Its just that i have 0 confidence. Over the last year or so ive noticed that I tend to avoid going to stuff a lot. I just hate the thought of going to something and not being able to talk to anyone. Im sure a lot of this stuff is my own fault.

I go through periods where i just feel really bad but i dont think i have full on depression.

You've definitely come to the right place.

Others here have and do feel the same things you are. I can relate on feeling like a failure at life, among other things you said.

I've had people dislike me and assume unpleasant things about me simply for being quiet.

I was bitter for a long time, but I got over it eventually. I'm almost twice your age BTW.

There was a recent thread about 'do people think you're gay?'. I was about your age when I got my first girlfriend and I've spent most of my life alone. A lot of people your age and even my age here have never kissed a girl (or boy, as the case may be).

Many, maybe most of us here deal with depression to various degrees.

So: welcome!

It feels good to let things out, that's what I did a few weeks ago when I joined. There are plenty of people here to relate to! Me being one of them :) I sometimes, most of the time feel like I just cant relate to people in general either. Although my problems are completely different than yours, the feelings are the same, and I can still understand what your going through. I hope you can find all the advice and comfort here that you need! Dont be afraid to add friends and chat! It makes all the difference. Welcome :)

Aussie_Lad

All living things are energy beings. We each have an energy field known as an Aura, but there is also the Chakra energy points too. If we happpen to be out of balance in any area, then other people can subconsiously pick up on your energy. This is why some people are very popular and others not so.

I've been told that I have a lot of nervous energy. This means that I generally approach most things with a bit or a lot of nerves. You may be transmitting an energy that people don't feel comfortable around. However there are various forms of energy healing that you can get if this is your problem. Then again you may just need lots of exposure to strangers to help you gain confidence. Most people are friendly if you respect them.

Waybuloo

All living things are energy beings. We each have an energy field known as an Aura, but there is also the Chakra energy points too. If we happpen to be out of balance in any area, then other people can subconsiously pick up on your energy. This is why some people are very popular and others not so.

I've been told that I have a lot of nervous energy. This means that I generally approach most things with a bit or a lot of nerves. You may be transmitting an energy that people don't feel comfortable around. However there are various forms of energy healing that you can get if this is your problem. Then again you may just need lots of exposure to strangers to help you gain confidence. Most people are friendly if you respect them.

Hello, just want to say that it's an interesting perspective. That could well explain why I seem to repel people or at least make them more tense. I've noticed that when I am in a relaxed mood I seem to have normal interactions and could not really get my head around why, because I was too skeptical to believe in this.