Namaste!

I_jailed_me

Hi all,

I am kat, i am a guy in the wrong end of my 20s, growing up i didnt have social phobia in my teens but it slowly progressed as the years went by and the past few years i think i have hit rock bottom becoz i realized there is no bottom,it just seems to keep sinking into oblivion of despair and anxiety. My life is sort of in a dead end I lost all my friends, i cant go to work,i lost interest in life and i tried ending it but cant seem to find the courage...being a guy its so much more harder becoz no one will understand, my friends hardly recognizance me these days because i was quite confident earlier but now i can hardly utter a word without freaking out!!! haha.. how life changes.

I am not sure of my future, i dont know where fate will take me now. I hope to hear your stories too, nice to meet you all and thanks for reading. :)

Last edited:

DarkSeeker

Hi and welcome,

I've never had anything in life, no friends, no family, nothing, so I am curious about the how someone who used to have it all (?) came to lost everything. If that's okay with you to share of course.

AGlife

Namaste kat! nice to see another indian here :)
I can relate to you, because I use to be confident and be very social earlier in my life. I too, am very quiet around my old friends. Sometimes, it is painful to compare present life to before, when it was free of depression and anxiety. But this can also be used as motivation, to know that you have that confidence somewhere inside of you.
Anyways, Welcome :)

I_jailed_me

Hi and welcome,

I've never had anything in life, no friends, no family, nothing, so I am curious about the how someone who used to have it all (?) came to lost everything. If that's okay with you to share of course.

i guess i believed what the world told me i was!! I am not sure if anyone would be interested to listen..its long story, i can post it if you want to listen!

Last edited:

I_jailed_me

Sure, go ahead I like long tragic stories.

"Darkness is just invisible light" Thats the best quote i heard in my life..lol. it doesn't seem to even try seeing despair and so no need for light to bring hope..! love it..

Anyway here is my stupid life....

As a kid in school i used to talk a lot in class, i was in detention most of the time or in india they actually beat you with a wooden scale and ask you to kneel outside class if you dont listen because i just loved talking to people sitting next to me..lol..They could never shut me up because class was so dam boring because my mom already had taught me the whole chapter the previous day at home and i didnt bother to listen.. Teachers hated me because i cant shut the hell up. In a way my mom helping me in my home work was the reason i did not like studies because she was monotonous and she used to beat me if i did not memories something correctly,so studies was drag for me from the beginning. I hated it because its so not life and just force feeding.

Here is s bit from an hindi movie that sort of resembles my childhood..the kid in the movie is dyslexic but i wasnt,either way i didnt pay attention,life is bit diffrent than in the US.

Dont worry it has english sub-titles .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKkLOp-4V8U

As a teenager i sort of blossomed well, i was confident,rebellious and had loads of attitude.I sort of had this puppy confidence of not knowing the consequence of anything in life. I used to party a lot and had loads of friends but my grades slipped and i started falling back, i lost an year in school but had no interest to study. It was just my academics i guess i kept dropping out and my dad kept forcing me back into it as i kept falling back i used to feel shy introducing myself to my peers becoz i just dropped an year in school!! So i started feeling very shy every time someone asked "what are you doing now".. They put me into professional tennis too so i had to give time for that as well, as the years went by no luck i didnt do well becoz i hated math but my dad wanted me to be an engineer and a tennis player at any cost but i was already breaking of from the mold and started being a rebellious teenager and not listening to anyone becoz i was frustrated, i finally finished school when i was 21yrs and i lost 4 years i guess and my dad and i eagerly joined engg in a different city in india and i joined hostel. It should have been obvious to me that i would not make it but i joined just to make my dad happy!! but i could not hang on and drooped out by the end of second semester and my dad was still forceing me to continue, thats when i realized my life was getting hijacked! So then i finally out grew my dads pestering obsession and i quite engg and took my own path and joined as an management student in another collage.. i loved the new course there was no math and i loved all the subjects which included behavioral science etc., which i like.. i even became a leader in a student union but by then i was already 23yrs and most kids in my class where 18yrs old and just out of school( i have little balding so i look older than i should) so i wasnt comfortable with them they used to keep making fun of me, calling me names like uncle and grandpa and i felt so humiliated, there was this time in stage when some one yelled out uncle and the whole auditorium laughed i guess my ego started cracking up finally.. i felt humiliated but laughed and got down. All the 3yrs i felt humiliated every day and no one wanted to be my friend and could not relate to anyone because i was older and i was bored of those silly parties and experimenting with alcohol because i had already found my adulthood.

I began feeling very nervous while talking because i felt i did not fit and eveyone saw me as an outsider who was not interested in what they did. As the signs of my anxiety started showing out people also started feeling it and i used to walk away feeling embraced.. It sort of started a vicious cycle of thinking about my anxiety all the time because i did not want to look so fragile out side. As my mind started building a new pattern of thinking about itself rather than life outside i began to get obsessed and self concerned.

By the end of collage i could not sit in class and some how managed to finish my final exams and returned back home. For some odd ****en reason i sat at home and tried to reason with my fear, i tried to stop it by askeing questions and diving within myself. I was soon obsessed with the fear and everything else became less important. I developed a new pattern of being concerned about the fear than listening outside to what people are saying.

Its partly because of the books i read, i thought the answers where in thought never realized that thought is like a spiders web the more you wiggle the more you get entangled in the same pattern. Now i cant find the way out, cant find it in me to concentrate with interest of what other people are saying without listening to my own doubts inside and freeking out.

I bet no one understood a word i said because my life is a bit diffrent from others, some of you hear have always had the fear and may be you cant relate to how my life is. Anyway thanks for reading if you did read.

Last edited:

I_jailed_me

Namaste kat! nice to see another indian here :)
I can relate to you, because I use to be confident and be very social earlier in my life. I too, am very quiet around my old friends. Sometimes, it is painful to compare present life to before, when it was free of depression and anxiety. But this can also be used as motivation, to know that you have that confidence somewhere inside of you.
Anyways, Welcome :)

Hi AGlife, nice to see some one like me and your from india too? Where in india are you from?

DarkSeeker

Kat, your life is only stupid to the eyes of people who don't care about the pain they inflict onto others. We are all where we are now because of things that happened in the past. I can relate to some of the things you say. My father was an obsessive maniac too, and literally rejected me because I wasn't into cars, mechanics and computer stuff like him. My mother looks a lot like that horrible teacher in that Indian movie of yours, always angry and yelling at me for no good reason. I didn't fail high school, but I'm failing university real bad right now, and I know how it feels to totally screw up one exam after another.

It's real hard to live up life when your roots are rotten to the core. I've written my own stories enough times that I'm not going to write it here, but suffice to say that I am a survivor of sexual and emotional abuse, and that everything from my own horrible past is a direct consequence of this. We aren't responsible for what happened to us back then, but we are indeed responsible for what's happening to us now. Coming here to face your demons is a good step in the right direction.

Wish you luck

I_jailed_me

Kat, your life is only stupid to the eyes of people who don't care about the pain they inflict onto others. We are all where we are now because of things that happened in the past. I can relate to some of the things you say. My father was an obsessive maniac too, and literally rejected me because I wasn't into cars, mechanics and computer stuff like him. My mother looks a lot like that horrible teacher in that Indian movie of yours, always angry and yelling at me for no good reason. I didn't fail high school, but I'm failing university real bad right now, and I know how it feels to totally screw up one exam after another.

It's real hard to live up life when your roots are rotten to the core. I've written my own stories enough times that I'm not going to write it here, but suffice to say that I am a survivor of sexual and emotional abuse, and that everything from my own horrible past is a direct consequence of this. We aren't responsible for what happened to us back then, but we are indeed responsible for what's happening to us now. Coming here to face your demons is a good step in the right direction.

Wish you luck

Your so right, i have out grown my father and i hope thats true because right now he wants me to get married! lol..

I did like to hear your story, what sort of abuse did you go through? Its still great that your attending university way to go, dont give up because haveing an degree is very important in life.

DarkSeeker

I've already written it in another thread, you can read it here

It's pretty long and it's still missing a lot of details, but you'll probably get the idea.

Last edited:

DarkSeeker

I didnt know language had such a bad effect on kids. So you finished collage now? How old are you?

I'm not going to collage I'm going to university, and assuming I survive this semester I'm still far from finished. I'm only 20 by the way.