My therapy Journey [Journal]

Group Session 3
I missed the individual session, because I was having a bad cold then.
So after this group session, I have an individual session planned.'
So today I have 2 sessions :)

I was still feeling sick when I arrived at the place, I was coughing all the time, but I just wanted to bethere because I didn't want to miss a group session.
My therapists told me I'm very motivated to still come even I'm feeling ill.
So I took my place at the group session, we were talking about an interesting subject.

Emotional me;
Your emotion of the moment that decides what you are feeling, and what you think about, and what you are doing.

Rational me;
Your brain that decides what you do, and think.

Wise me;
Combination of the good, your emotional you, and rational mind. You use your intuïtion.

There are diferrent ways of reaction, there are 3 ways, sometimes your emotions take control on your situation, sometimes you can raduate calm and just let your mind decide the situation, sometimes you use your intuïtion by taking aware of your emotions, but still listen to your mind, in combination.
Describe situations you did this.

Emotional me; situation:

Happening ; I was going to theatre with a friend, but it was so crowdy inside the theatre that I was panicing and needed to escape the building.

Thought; I need to go away, help.

Feeling; Ashamed, will they notice my fear? :-(

Things I did; I was sweating, hyperventilating, I ran away to outside, my best friend came with me, and talked to me, i'm glad he was understanding.

Behaviour; I was acitng stupid, definetely. :(

Result;
Short period; Good feeling, of escaping from the situation, released.
Long period; Dissapointed because I didn't want to miss the show and I wanted to show my friend I would stay with him. (my dad picked me up, he had to watch the show alone=()

Talked a lot with my friend, he wants to help me through this, he sees that i'm suffering a lot, and he hopes I can find a way.
My best friend was dissapointed too, but he wanted to see me the next day to go to fitness. I'm so released he still wants to be my friend, I'm afraid of losing friends because of this stupid behaviour. :(

Wise me; situation:

Happening;
I was standing in front of school, I saw a lot of people on the school yard, I was feeling anxious, even though I felt anxious, I just walked by them and just wanted to see the person I had an intake with. Because I want to do this!, I want to study!

Thought; I can't do this, But I will! Weird thought lol. I will face this, because this is my future.

Feeling; Suprisingly good, because I just faced it and felt relaxed when I was inside the building, and talked to my mentrix, he told me I'm very enthousiastic about taking classes, and he showed me the classroom, I felt good!, like sa free... it was just an obstacle to get there, but when I faced it, it was so relaxed. :O

What I did; Just relaxed 5 min, took some fresh air before I walked into the school, after it just faced and talked to the mentrix about taking classes, that I really want to start school in september.

Behaviour;first i was a bit stressed/panicing, but after it i was just relaxed, wanted to show I'm ready for it. It helped! I feel like I gave a good impression.

Result;
I can start school in september!!

Write a 3 form. (another task of writing about situations)

Emotional me;
I saw an old friend, she didn't hear from me in a long time, and she looked pretty frustrated to me, i was really worried and directly send her a txt message after it, to tell her i'm sorry and that it's a good idea to meet up some time. I was still worried, because of her frustration she showed.

Rational me;
My old friend seemed happy to see me, even though she seemed frustrated too, she gave me a hug, so.. should i really worry? maybe she isn't mad, maybe she was just a little upset, or suprised.

Wise me; I told her I was busy, and that's the truth, and I told her to meet up again, so what's the deal? (I'm such a worry head... always want to make other people happy).....

Last edited:
Good for you =]
I enjoyed reading your journey to the group therapy you write with such detail I love it!

Thank you Punklove, I think details will help people, because they can get more out of it, thanks for your comment! :] more entries today , first i'm going to have dinner and going to the barber, after it i'll write about my last individual session :)

I might write another journal about my daylife too, not only about my therapy journey. About overcoming sa in my way of view :)

thanks for reading

Feathers

Thank you for writing about your journey, Saskia! :) It's really interesting!

I'm glad EFT helps, even if just a little! :)
Yeah it's a bit funny at first, hehe.. It depends what statements you say also, these in the videos or you can make your own too.. I think it works a bit like CBT: by changing thought patterns (from negative/upset to more constructive/positive), and also by distracting your 'conscious mind', and the tapping can raise energy a bit.. maybe there are other things that 'work' too, these are the more obvious ones.. :)

Good luck with it all!! :)

I was also thinking, if you can choose where you will live in the new flat, I read that according to feng shui sloping roof/ceiling in a room (like this: / and not 'straight' like this: -) can cause problems, so ideally you'd find a room that has a 'straight' ceiling... I think I saw on a photo you posted that you have an attic room with sloping ceiling now at home...? (I do too and I feel better when sleeping in rooms with 'straight' ceiling too..)
Some people don't believe in feng shui and it's good to test what it says, maybe worth checking out...? (You can see how you feel elsewhere?)

Take care hun & KEEP ROCKIN'!!