my parents hit me

my dad goes to bed everyday at 1 or 2 or 3 am, because he likes watching movies until late. And I am hyper sensetive to sounds, so I ask him downstairs, can you please go to bed. He says that he won't because i'm not the boss, (i'm 21 but whatever), then I start crying, I say please, I got bad insomnia, haven't slept for months now, not ony because of you, but also because of hard time falling as leep , then he says just try, I say then pleae go to bed, he says no !!! and then I get panic attack, I start crying I said I'm gonna call an institute there they will be quiet at 10..This is not normal you're mean, then he got really insanely mad and told me to **** off, and I then ran to the medicines closet (sorry my English) and I said I will overdose because of the pain of him never getting me, so he run to me and grab me by the neck and said Are you going insane now,do you want to make me mad? and then I started screaming like a baby, that he hates me and such (always happens, because of fear and rage) and then he started hitting me real hard, in the face and everywhere. And my mom came, she got awake and said I am a selfish being because my brother just got awake and he started crying and said he hated me and then my mom hitted me more,

MikeyC

You may have possibly scared your dad into thinking you're going to kill yourself.

That is no excuse for him to hit you, though. You can go to the police for that.

selon

was that the first time? I think mickey might be right, if he hit you for the first time it might be cause you scared him... but I guess its not because your mother joined in without knowing the situation... but e even uf it were thr first time it wouldnt be an excuse!!

One single strike, while inexcusable, can be a accident in extreme cases. But repeated strikes in sequence is a utter lack of self control. It's abusive behaviour that if reported to the authorities would be taken very seriously.

And your mom joining in is something that irks me even more about this story. When there's conflict she should try to mediate, and not fuel the situation by saying those things and resorting to even more physical violence. You've been made the scapegoat in a incident that was antagonized by your dad. While neither you or they handled the situation ideally, they escalated it way too far.

I don't think it's that odd for you to ask if he could go to bed or keep down the noise beyond midnight. It's common decency to either use headphones or turn the volume down enough so it doesn't leave that room.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, Falkor. Just know that what happened isn't acceptable at all. They never should have struck you.

Yeah, that be rough experience for you. Not good memories :(

But i think they will have learnt a bit more understnding of you. Slow, hard, but they'll get there eventually.

In the meantime, have you thought of say wearing ear-plugs? Wax is the best for noise-damping. Worst-case you could [also] wear muffs of some sort to bed (ideally the ones you can sleep in, designed for bed). I wear wax ear-plugs all day, and while asleep (as i have noise sensitve also). And due to still hearing some distant bass noises, am thinking of (during day) maybe using some sort of portable music player device with headset (as well as ear-plugs, & better than muffs). Maybe i find or create a track that blocks distant bass noises.

nodejesque

Falkor, you have no idea how sorry I am that you are going through this. I too suffer from extreme insomnia and know how frustrating it is. The fact that you have to withstand abuse, on top of the fatigue caused from insomnia is unfathomable to me. I am so sorry... your post brought me to tears. I don't know how any of this will help you, but if there is anything I can do for you... even if its just to listen, you can send me a message. Violence is never condoned or excused.

EscapeArtist

Wow i'm really sorry to hear this, that sounds like it was a moment of chaos and desperation, but either way your dad has no right to hit you. You must be going through a lot. I was sad to find out this thread was by you. Are you able to talk to your parents calmly and resolve things, maybe some misunderstandings or some things that they and you both are worried about that you guys can work on together?

Solitudes_Grace

Your home sounds like a very poisonous environment. You can't let anyone hit you under any circumstance. Is there anyway you can move out?

Odo

Banned
Being 21 and living at home is always going to cause tensions... I went home after uni and it was an absolute disaster-- your parents have raised you for 21 years now-- they their own lives and they don't need their adult children telling them how to live.

I'm not saying that what he did was right, but at this point, you're supposed to be on your way to manhood and independence, not asking your dad to be quiet because he's watching movies in his own house. I'd imagine that calling the police is probably going to end up in you getting kicked out. My dad's generation was already full self-sufficient and probably married by the time they turned 21... some of them might have even had a house.

Unless you're paying rent or I guess going to school, then it's probably time that you thought about leaving... get your own apartment, and find a job to pay for it.