My Oral presentation ON TUESDAY!!!

Jo1991

Any tips?. I told the professor that I wanted to go on the first day because she said she will be easier on those that go first. If I go on Tuesday, I would be more relax and calm because the longer I wait, the longer my anxiety and the worst it gets. I am scared but at the same time I am not, I feel like I have to get over my fears. The only thing that I am a little worried of is that we all got to know each other and there are a few immature people on the class and hopefully they won't make any stupid faces. I made some friends that I used to hanging out with but I have been avoided them because I feel like I don't fit in with them. I feel like an outcast so I barely talk to them anymore.

princess_haru

Another good reason for going first is that everyone else in the class will be preoccupied by thinking and worrying about their own presentations, so they won't be paying as much attention to yours. Try practising beforehand in front of a family member or friend and ask them for feedback on how you did. Good luck!

Noca

Banned
If your at a college, you can go to the disability office and get accommodations for your SA. You can get stuff like, do your presentation solo with just the professor watching you or you may be able to do a written report instead :) Good luck.

Jo1991

Noca, I don't want to do, I just want to be able to slowly get over this. I don't want to leave the rest of my life avoiding this. In HS, I used to try everything but now I feel that I need to change this slowly. Thanks for the advice though.

Princess thanks!!

Get a little tipsy before class on Tuesday. Maybe take a rip on the old bong. Maybe bad advice but I'm being sincere.

Ashiene

I find myself entering into a self-induced trance whenever I go to do oral presentations. I don't know why and I don't know how.

Jo1991

I got an A!! It went really well. Everybody was like wow it was excellent even my professor. Yesterday one of my classmates was like omg how did you do that, I don't want to present!! I am like IDK I have really bad bad anxiety and I really don't know how I was able to get up there and do it.

princess_haru

That's great, well done! I agree with Ashiene - it's definitely an inspiration for us :) I've never had the courage to do a presentation but it's bound to come up one day *gulp*

Jo1991

Thanks Princess. I must admit that before this presentation I was really sick. As soon as I saw that presenting was going to be part of the course, I wanted to drop it but I couldn't. I was making my self sick and I told my therapist about it, and he says you'll do fine, just practice and remember that everyone else will also get nervous. You have nothing to fear, and no one will make fun of you because you are in college, so don't worry. I don't know what happened to me when I got up there, is as if I was another person.

princess_haru

That's really great, sometimes I think the adrenaline just takes over and helps, lol! I'd kind of like to do a presentation one day just to prove to myself it won't kill me ;)

lithium

Get a little tipsy before class on Tuesday. Maybe take a rip on the old bong. Maybe bad advice but I'm being sincere.

Haha, I've gotten a little tipsy before a oral presentation, and gotten a little high as well, and I must say, the alcohol does wonders, I feel a lot more comfortable. Not that this is something that you can always do, but when you're desperate, **** it, take a few shots, it works wonders, I tell you.

206Raider

I can't do anything after I smoke weed, the last thing I wanna do when I'm high is stand up infront of everybody talkin, it would freak me out

princess_haru

I can't do anything after I smoke weed, the last thing I wanna do when I'm high is stand up infront of everybody talkin, it would freak me out

If I smoke weed I either get really chatty or really paranoid and freaked out! I never smoked regularly anyway, but I've stopped completely now because I can't cope with the paranoia and the awful claustrophobic feeling I'd get sometimes. One time it was like I had Homer Simpson inside my head, singing those little doo-do-doo songs he gets in his head when he's distracted, and I couldn't hear anything but that! Haha, it sounds pretty funny now that I think about it :rolleyes: ...but it freaked me out at the time because I thought it'd never go away!