My New Symptoms :( Help Pls

Takinti

Hi :)
I did start to use paxil 5 months ago (20mg/day). Last 3-4 weeks, i remember some bad memories and old problems in my life and i can't forget! like anxiety attack. They are all the time in my head. Paxil can be do this? or what can be????? by the way, im using Ventolin (salbutamol) oral 12mg/day
NOTE:
Sorry for my bad english

Thanks
Takinti

Last edited:

Feathers

Hey Takinti! Anxiety or panic attacks can be a side-effect of Paxil, yup.

See: Paxil Side Effects | Drugs.com or what papers in your Paxil box say.
If it's severe, contact your doctor/therapist!

Ventolin (salbutamol) is an asthma medicine?

Do you eat enough magnesium foods? Magnesium deficiency can cause panic attacks or anxiety etc too. (stay away from coffee, alcohol, sweets, soda pop, they decrease magnesium) Go for green lettuce, pumpkinseeds, and other magnesium-rich foods. Have you tried omega 3? (fish oil, flax, or hemp seeds - just one of those, not all!)
Some other vitamins/minerals can be important too... How is your nutrition? Make sure to not go hungry and to eat natural foods without artificial additives if you can, ideally eco/organic.

Hope things get better!

Takinti

Hey Takinti! Anxiety or panic attacks can be a side-effect of Paxil, yup.
See: Paxil Side Effects | Drugs.com or what papers in your Paxil box say.
If it's severe, contact your doctor/therapist!
Ventolin (salbutamol) is an asthma medicine?
Do you eat enough magnesium foods? Magnesium deficiency can cause panic attacks or anxiety etc too. (stay away from coffee, alcohol, sweets, soda pop, they decrease magnesium) Go for green lettuce, pumpkinseeds, and other magnesium-rich foods. Have you tried omega 3? (fish oil, flax, or hemp seeds - just one of those, not all!)
Some other vitamins/minerals can be important too... How is your nutrition? Make sure to not go hungry and to eat natural foods without artificial additives if you can, ideally eco/organic.
Hope things get better!

Hi
First, thanks for your attention and answer:) I drink coffee (1,5 coff.spoon) on my training days.!!! :eek::eek: (5 days/week) ::(: Probably this is the reason. My nutrition is good + im taking vit./mineral tablets
Yes. Ventolin is asthma med.

OK. I dont drink coffee anymore Thanks again Feathers
NOTE:
My english not good. If i have any mistake sorry for this

THANKS FOR ALL

Last edited:

inconspicuous name

seriously man, if you get side effects from any medication you're on go to a doctor as soon as possible, don't look up advice on the internet.

Feathers

Stay away from coffee = good!

What kind of vitamin/minerals are you taking? If you are taking wrong ones (without magnesium or with too little, or too much other stuff) it can be bad too..

Oh, and what others said. See a doctor and talk to him.

If you find it difficult to stop coffee right away (that can give some people headaches), stop it slowly, by mixing more 'fake coffee' (what old people used to drink) or maybe cocoa into your drink every day.. cocoa has magnesium, but it still has caffeine, so it's not ideal, but better than coffee.. stay away from sugar..

Paxil can be difficult to withdraw from too, there are websites and guides online... (if you google 'paxil stop' or 'paxil withdraw' or 'paxil withdraw guide' or such) It's important to go off it slowly and talk to your doctor about this.

Your English is good, we understand everything! What do you train?

Takinti

Hi again
I m using "Now Adam Multi." this time. And im eating fish and vegetables regular in my nutrition (for sport).
Vitamins ingredient:
Now Foods, Adam, Superior Men's Multi ,120 Tablets - iHerb.com
No i dont have problems about stopping the coffee. I dont drink now.
Im training bodybuilding and im thinking to join competition (BUT TO HARD FOR ME WİTH SOCİAL FOBİA :( )

AND Thanks To Everybody. I willl talk to my doctor about paxil Soon :)

joyce

umm I use paxil too it just helps me feel better but I don't forget the past so umm im not really sure what medicine does I hope you find a way if you please tell me :D

Yeah you get more anxious with paxil, generally - overall though if you suffer from frequent panic attacks and irrational thinking, it'll help you. It does make you act different - what you have to decide is if the new you is helping you out or hurting you. If it's hurting you, go off the medication :)

Feathers

Hi again
I m using "Now Adam Multi." this time. And im eating fish and vegetables regular in my nutrition (for sport).
Vitamins ingredient:
Now Foods, Adam, Superior Men's Multi ,120 Tablets - iHerb.com
No i dont have problems about stopping the coffee. I dont drink now.
Im training bodybuilding and im thinking to join competition (BUT TO HARD FOR ME WİTH SOCİAL FOBİA :( )

AND Thanks To Everybody. I willl talk to my doctor about paxil Soon :)

Hey Takinti, I looked at your multi. It doesn't have a lot of magnesium (or calcium), so I hope you get them with other sources.. magnesium oxide is one of the 'not-so-good' sources too, not sure what kind of mixture they have, citrate is supposed to be good.. (don't know what ZMA is-?)
There's A LOT of some other vitamins in there, not sure if you need so many? You could try and track your food on Fitday.com for a while, to see what results you get (?)

Find a list of foods with magnesium and calcium... Are you vegetarian-ish otherwise and just eat fish?

How are things? Did you manage to see a doctor and what did he say? :) Are you doing any CBT or such too?

Take care and hope things are better!!