My blushing problem is getting worse!!!

w*n*c*a*m

And now it is stunting the little confidence that I have!!!

I hate the fact that I feel confident to speak up in class but I can't because I know that the time they'll look at me, I know that I'll blush.

I attended the speech class this morning and we're asked to talk with our partner (who was randomly chosen for us). And he's a guy. And the moment he started looking at me, I know I blushed!!! Effing hell!!! He might think I have a crush on him or something. And I couldn't have eye contact because I know I'll blush again. So in short I acted like a total retard, answering his questions but only giving him a quick glance.

And you know what? Now we have to give an oral report next week in front of the class!! This is BS! Now,all the students will witness my blushing episodes. If only I don't have this condition, I can pretend my anxiety in a breeze. But no! The more I try to hide it, the more I'll blush. My own body is sabotaging me!!! I am so pissed!!

I think I'm getting worse! I used to tolerate looking at people's eyes but now I can't help but shy away because I'll blush. What the heck happened to me!

w*n*c*a*m

And another thing... it's just not anxiety. I think it is really physical. Because even when I was a kid, I go red all over after running. I know it's normal to go red. But mind goes tomato red and it will last for more than a couple of minutes. Maybe half an hour. So I am really prone to 'redness'. When I laugh, I'm angry, Anxious, God! Everytime I show any emotion! I effing hate this body!

TheTemp

I personally think blushing is very cute! I see it as a quirk rather than a flaw, I'm sure other people do as well. :)

Yeah, I think it is cute too. I know it might comes with embarrassment, but a lot of people like people who do show their true emotions. It's not a shame. Believe me ^_^

You are so focussed on it, while other's don't judge you on it, or they are just a couple of b***** so please be your own friend and don't be your own enemy.

Btw, I'm a blushido too, everywhere, and I accepted the fact that it happens. Whatever!

xDreamseller

I blush all the time and I know how you feel. I get really red cheeks during/after exercise too. It sucks, it makes it look like I'm much more unfit than I really am and that I'm more shy/socially awkward than I really am too.

It's not a conscious thing, I don't even realize it has happened until either someone says or I feel my cheeks get really warm. :mad:

Reaching-Zen

I've been a blusher most of my life and its not easy. I can't give speeches, have attention drawn to me, have a room full of people look at me etc, etc. I could never have a desk job where I interview/chat/discuss with people looking at me because I'll go red for no reason.

My recommendation would be to apply a fair amount of blush/facial make up on particular days where you know you will face certain hurdles, like speeches in front of a class.

As a guy I can't do that so I try hard to get facial sunburn before some big drama. Ideally I'd prefer to be so tanned its less noticeable, but solariums age your skin and cause premature wrinkling.

There are alot of ideas floating around the blushing forum if you scroll down. Unfortunately its an extremely quiet section with little to no response at times. But there's pages of ideas and remedies that have helped others.

Our biggest problem other than being uber white is caring too much. The day we truly don't give a shioot is the day it will no longer be a problem in our everyday lives.

ETS is the only apparent cure offered but I've heard zero positives and all negatives about it so its not recommended.

I've written alot about blushing on this board here along with many others, so take a look at fellow blushers thoughts and remedies. Good luck.

laure15

My recommendation would be to apply a fair amount of blush/facial make up on particular days where you know you will face certain hurdles, like speeches in front of a class.

I agree with Reaching-Zen. Maybe ask your mom to help you apply some makeup so that when you blush, your face don't look so obvious. And dress up nicely for the speech so that the makeup matches the clothing.

This may be a little extreme, but I suggest exposing yourself to more people to stop the blushing. Practice walking in front of your family members and have them stare at you. Go to a mall and walk around. Hopefully, you will get used to it and the blushing will gradually stop.

w*n*c*a*m

I don't even need to apply blush on because my face has a natural blush on it. Although I still apply some red cheek tint on my face, I don't think it will help hide my blushing problem because you see, when I blush it's all over my face even including my ears. I read that people who easily blushes have something to do with dilated blood vessels on the face. So if it is biological, I effing hate it! Why of all the people should this be given to me? It's like SA is not enough!