Mood swings

MrSunday

Hi

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this topic.

I have been feeling very strange over the last couple of months. I have been feeling very angry all the time, especially in the morning. I'm so tired and do not get enough sleep. Even when I get enough sleep, I'm still extremely tired.

When I'm reading a book or trying to focus, if I hear any noise, I lose concentration and get terrible headaches. Then I get extremely mad. I know this does not sound normal, but it really makes me angry. When someone makes a minor mistake, I get pist off.

During my driving lessons, I get distracted so easily. I make mistakes that I know I should not be making and can be easily avoided. I would have a driving licence by now but my mood affects the way I drive.

So most of the day, I'm angry. However sometimes I start laughing for no reason. One time I had to rush back home so I can laugh out loud. I can be very hysterical when I laugh. I just laugh and then I cry. :/ Sounds very bizarre but I start to cry for no reason.

Then I feel blank. Just feel nothing. Then I feel very desperate to achieve something. I want to completely lose weight, tone up and gain muscle. I lost some weight, but I get so desperate, it's just weird.

The cycle starts again with me being angry and frustrated.

What the **** is wrong with me? I'm so confused.

My social anxiety is starting to go away but now something worse is replacing it. I think I'm going mad.

Please help. I would sincerely appreciate it. I hope I don't do something that I may regret.

cowboyup

Wow! Sounds like you and I are on the same wavelength.
I have been very moody as well. I've tried to go out for a walk, get my mind busy, especially with school work, or like you, reading a book and get distracted, then I get pissy, angry, then I cry-a lot-then I turn on some dumb show on tv and start to laugh til my 'tears run down my legs'

however, that dreadful feeling starts all over again when whatever it is I am doing to help keep mind occupied, comes to an end.

I am sorry that you are going thru this - it truly is a shi**y way to go through the days of our lives and I would love to give you advice but I will keep reading what others may suggest to you....maybe we both can get over this :)

MrSunday

Wow! Sounds like you and I are on the same wavelength.
I have been very moody as well. I've tried to go out for a walk, get my mind busy, especially with school work, or like you, reading a book and get distracted, then I get pissy, angry, then I cry-a lot-then I turn on some dumb show on tv and start to laugh til my 'tears run down my legs'

however, that dreadful feeling starts all over again when whatever it is I am doing to help keep mind occupied, comes to an end.

I am sorry that you are going thru this - it truly is a shi**y way to go through the days of our lives and I would love to give you advice but I will keep reading what others may suggest to you....maybe we both can get over this :)

Well it's good to know I'm not alone. Sometimes I think I'm going bonkers. :/ Seriously these mood swings are crazy. Now I feel so relaxed and calm. So weird...

Flowers-Of-Bloom

It's good to hear that your SA is getting better. :)

I experience mood swings to a lesser extent, so I know how you feel. Sometimes I'll wake up feeling happy and looking forward to the day ahead (which is unusual for me) but later during the day I'll become sad/angsty for no apparent reason and then I'll start laughing hysterically at the tiniest of things. Thankfully that doesn't happen every day and since I've started taking medication my mood still fluctuates but not to such extremes.

As far as I know mood swings are indicative of a serotonin imbalance or hormonal problems (thyroid?). Or it could just be stress.

Foxface

I had social anxiety for quite awhile (pretty much all my life).

I don't get distracted easily (susually), unless it is attractive girls, which is my worst weakness.

MrSunday

It's good to hear that your SA is getting better. :)

I experience mood swings to a lesser extent, so I know how you feel. Sometimes I'll wake up feeling happy and looking forward to the day ahead (which is unusual for me) but later during the day I'll become sad/angsty for no apparent reason and then I'll start laughing hysterically at the tiniest of things. Thankfully that doesn't happen every day and since I've started taking medication my mood still fluctuates but not to such extremes.

As far as I know mood swings are indicative of a serotonin imbalance or hormonal problems (thyroid?). Or it could just be stress.

Could mood swings be caused by changing environment? I'm constantly on the move and my personality changes depending on the environment.

Etbow23

To me it sounds like you're suffering from some depression. In men a lot of times depression shows itself as anger. I don't know if you're a man, but you're name is MrSunday, so that's what I'm going to assume.

Etbow23

To me it sounds like you're suffering from some depression. In men a lot of times depression shows itself as anger.
I suffer from depression and a lot of times I feel tired all the time, have headaches and can't concentrate. Also I might have moodiness, like getting angry suddenly.

MrSunday

To me it sounds like you're suffering from some depression. In men a lot of times depression shows itself as anger. I don't know if you're a man, but you're name is MrSunday, so that's what I'm going to assume.

Lol I'm a guy, despite my avatar. :/

Not sure if I'm suffering from depression...it's possible. Thanks for the contribution.

Is depression really an illness?

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Could mood swings be caused by changing environment? I'm constantly on the move and my personality changes depending on the environment.

Honestly, I have no idea. It's possible I suppose.

Is depression really an illness?

Short answer: Yes.
Depression and other psychiatric disorders are (supposedly) caused by an imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain. In this case it would be Serotonin which is responsible for regulating mood, sleep and appetite. Low levels of Serotonin cause depression and leave the mind more susceptible to aggression and impulsivity. The brain, like any other organ, would not be considered entirely healthy so I guess that makes it an illness.

MrSunday

^ Can depression be considered as a disability?

Sorry for bombarding you would all sorts of questions.