Misanthropic, when alone.

Caderyn

Kind of wondering if anyone else feels this way as it's something I noticed recently. I rarely get out but noticed the majority of times I have thoughts of hatred towards the human race. The weird thing is, I know from experience when I get out that completely changes. When I'm around others I for some odd reason have this sense of "I care about people".

I mean when I'm alone I can think of so many reasons the human race is screwed up. Then, I'm around some people for a while and "adjust" I guess you could say. Does anyone else go through this and how do you handle your perceptions?

Last edited:

laure15

It's actually the opposite for me. When alone I feel more caring for people. I read online news about people's suffering around the world and I feel compassion and care. My heart reaches out to them. However as soon as I step out of my house and start interacting with people outside, I get let down many times. People aren't as nice as I imagined them to be. Sometimes strangers become bullies. Then I feel so much anger and hatred and eventually I become appalled at myself. So I eventually escape to my house, lock myself away from the world, and continue with my daydreams. And the cycle starts all over again.

MotherWolff

Banned
It's actually the opposite for me. When alone I feel more caring for people. I read online news about people's suffering around the world and I feel compassion and care. My heart reaches out to them. However as soon as I step out of my house and start interacting with people outside, I get let down many times. People aren't as nice as I imagined them to be. Sometimes strangers become bullies. Then I feel so much anger and hatred and eventually I become appalled at myself. So I eventually escape to my house, lock myself away from the world, and continue with my daydreams. And the cycle starts all over again.

Me too. I feel really mad sometimes when I get around people. But when I'm by myself, I feel more sympathetic towards them. Except when I'm at dialysis. I empathize with everyone on the machines there.:sad:

nicole1

I learned that recently, being around people does change it until one of them does something to...hurt me. I've been hurt a lot so I have hatred and distrust for most people and love to keep to myself... But after moments...Idk. I wonder if I'm not as misanthropic as I assumed I was originally.