Meeting single women in the UK???

steviegerrard489

I'm really struggling with this and when I ask I always get the same answer: "Join a club or society in your area". That's too generic and not much use unless you are interested in dance lessons!

The problem I see is that most women meet guys at parties or while they are out drinking. It seems that all women are interested in doing here is going out and getting drunk. Sad but true. Not many I know actually have 'hobbies' such as dance lessons, mixed sports, etc. That's not to say they don't do anything, but what they do is normally 'one off' events for example, they go on a day trip to the beach or go to visit a theme park with friends.

shield

Yeah I'm from England too. I think the women over here are low quality because British culture as a whole has gone to the dogs. There are still a few nice girls around. As for how to meet them I'm not sure. If you're not fussy online dating or clubs (still a bit hit and miss, you might have to go to a dance class or somthing that interests women). There are many answers to your question but I feel there are no eloquent solutions all of them will be uncomfortable and require work.

cobalt_bluester

Met partner on internet

I met my partner through an online chat room and I don't care if anybody thinks this is sad or not, because I have been living quite happily with her for the last 3 years - so it can, and does work. Anybody who says this is sad ought to get a life of their own. Have you considered giving this a go, it can and does work for some lonely people.

Janx

Stevie/Shield, Its no wonder you're having trouble with girls with attitudes like that! Not all women are like that you know!

'British women are low quality'? What's that all about?

Get a grip guys! :(

recluse

There is a generalization about brits in general...Male and female, that we are loutish drunks. Here in Britain the problems we have with binge drinking doesn't help portray a positive image, and a handful of Brits acting like louts on holiday in foreign countries does not help either.

It's sad because the ''low quality'' British women you mentioned dont represent Britain as a whole, and it's unfair that there are decent women who get tarred with the same brush.

strawberrybrunette

shield said:
I think the women over here are low quality

Low quality? We're people, not products! Jeez, have some tact.

Perhaps you're just hanging around the wrong places? I mean, if you hang around bars and clubs, you're going to meet sleazy binge-drinking "ladettes", aren't you? However, if you join an evening class, say, learning a language or dancing or something, then you're more likely to meet interesting people...or at least that's my opinion. Perhaps i'm wrong...

shield

Stevie/Shield, Its no wonder you're having trouble with girls with attitudes like that! Not all women are like that you know!

'British women are low quality'? What's that all about?

Get a grip guys!

It's not just me who thinks so. I am referring more to girls that go to clubs. Me and my friends do that a lot which is probably why we're a little jaded.

Liz17

Those that are in them kind of places may be, but the ones your not seeing out getting drunk are the good ones :wink: Try going into your town on a Saturday daytime, you know that ladies like to shop. Just strike up a conveersation with someone you are interested in.

chris420

Yes it's true we've suffered low quality women in Britain compared to the rest of Europe but this is being corrected with the updated 'woman 2.0 beta' version available next month. It shows promise for the supermodel GUI, which is said will be standard in future versions.

British women haha dont get me started. Chat rooms, chat rooms, CHAT ROOMS!!! Thats where i met my girlfriend, and ofcourse i get the piss taken outta me for that but i guess that's just Britain as a whole right? :lol:

I could go into all the cliches and tell you to put yourself out there and join clubs and go clubbing and stuff, but I have a feeling you don't want to hear it; neither would I in your position. But really, the only way to meet new people is to put yourself in new positions, and so make of that what you will. SA makes this kind of thing a lot harder, but sometimes you have to grit your teeth and do it; it's not easy for any of us, but we do it because we have to.

Oh, and there's always this forum! Lol :D

(aside: LOL low quality? Thanks a lot!)

tablecloth

chris420 said:
Yes it's true we've suffered low quality women in Britain compared to the rest of Europe but this is being corrected with the updated 'woman 2.0 beta' version available next month. It shows promise for the supermodel GUI, which is said will be standard in future versions.

yar I tested RC2 last month. Major improvements to beta3. Definitely will set the standard. 0.o

Milton5a

I can see where you are coming from, it's the age old thing that you can only/should meet the opposite sex at a party or down the pub but reality isn't like that. Not all UK girls are like the extreme ones your see on a Sat night being sick in the gutter!!

Also the obvious is to do more hobbies or strike up a convo but with SA I personally find that impossible - there are normal UK girls out there!

autumn_82

recluse said:
There is a generalization about brits in general...Male and female, that we are loutish drunks. Here in Britain the problems we have with binge drinking doesn't help portray a positive image, and a handful of Brits acting like louts on holiday in foreign countries does not help either.

It's sad because the ''low quality'' British women you mentioned dont represent Britain as a whole, and it's unfair that there are decent women who get tarred with the same brush.

Well, you could generalize Americans in exactly the same way--loutish binge drinkers acting like crass fools while on vacation abroad. Well, maybe it's not just an American problem.