may have a boyfriend

dancingintherain

this guy fancies me and desperate to see me a lot. I managed to talk to him and just told him I get panic attacks not social anxiety. I don't feel like dating- yet and I don't want to go out places but be alone. Today he asked me to meet him today but I avoided...
what do I do? :/

twiggle

Sounds promising!
But I guess what you do next will depend on how much you like him too?

dancingintherain

Sounds promising!
But I guess what you do next will depend on how much you like him too?

true .. He's very nice but I don't feel completely in love with him like he does. But he's very clingy and I'm very un-clingy lol - I don't know how it's supposed to work..

twiggle

true .. He's very nice but I don't feel completely in love with him like he does. But he's very clingy and I'm very un-clingy lol - I don't know how it's supposed to work..

Very nice as in boyfriend material or friend material?
Haha sorry about the questions, but I think these are things you need to think about before you can decide what to do. You need to work out how you truly feel for him because if he likes you a lot and is the clingy sort then he'll take any suggestive step from yourself to mean like "OMG SHE LOVES ME BACK LETS MARRY TOMORROW!" and if it gets to that point, that'll be hard to step back out of without upsetting him massively.

dancingintherain

Very nice as in boyfriend material or friend material?
Haha sorry about the questions, but I think these are things you need to think about before you can decide what to do. You need to work out how you truly feel for him because if he likes you a lot and is the clingy sort then he'll take any suggestive step from yourself to mean like "OMG SHE LOVES ME BACK LETS MARRY TOMORROW!" and if it gets to that point, that'll be hard to step back out of without upsetting him massively.

Boyfriend material. I'm not sure what I feel yet.. I need to know him longer I think. I'm 18 so I'm not into marriage and babies yet =D

twiggle

Boyfriend material. I'm not sure what I feel yet.. I need to know him longer I think. I'm 18 so I'm not into marriage and babies yet =D

I don't blame you. I'm 25 and not into marriage and babies yet either :p

Well then I guess if its like that then just take it as it comes, day at a time, until you become certain about whether or not you want to be with him.

There's no hurry for these things - don't feel pressured to make a decision because you don't have to.

Let it take the natural route, it's the best way :)

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Met every friday for 6 months
This doesn't sound creepy at all to me. If you'd met him twice and he became all clingy, that would be creepy.

It sounds like he's in the initial rush of a crush/infatuation with you after slowly getting to know you and realizing he likes you. I say slowly because I'm assuming that like many of us you don't talk much, at least about yourself.

I say enjoy it! If he actually does say he wants to get married and have babies right now or something, just tell him to slow the **** down. ::p:

You don't want to live with the regret of a wasted opportunity. If it doesn't work out, at least you gave it a shot. :)

dancingintherain

I don't blame you. I'm 25 and not into marriage and babies yet either :p

Well then I guess if its like that then just take it as it comes, day at a time, until you become certain about whether or not you want to be with him.

There's no hurry for these things - don't feel pressured to make a decision because you don't have to.

Let it take the natural route, it's the best way :)

Ah thank you. Your a great help

dancingintherain

This doesn't sound creepy at all to me. If you'd met him twice and he became all clingy, that would be creepy.

It sounds like he's in the initial rush of a crush/infatuation with you after slowly getting to know you and realizing he likes you. I say slowly because I'm assuming that like many of us you don't talk much, at least about yourself.

I say enjoy it! If he actually does say he wants to get married and have babies right now or something, just tell him to slow the **** down. ::p:

You don't want to live with the regret of a wasted opportunity. If it doesn't work out, at least you gave it a shot. :)

I'll think about it. Thanks for your help

Deus_Ex_Lemur

You're 18 you shouldnt be into marriage and babies yet... lol. You arent going to feel love or try force that feeling. Gotta spend more time with him, etc. Being boyfriend/girlfriend doesnt mean you guys need to be madly in love. That comes. Or it doesnt. Then you know.

If he clings to you like a kola bear on a eucalyptus tree then... that's not good. Cute as kola bears are.

Well for me, it's a deal breaker if a guy became very clingy, like she mentioned. Its normal to be a little clingy, cause that shows that you want to be with them but being very clingy is unhealthy, we need our space sometimes right?

Hottie

oh SNAP haha !! sorry havnt read any of the other posts...

Im going on a date soon with someone who likes me. I dont really like him, he has a lovely personality so ive decided im not going for the good looking ones anymore coz there all arseholes!!!

Who knows what may happen

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Well for me, it's a deal breaker if a guy became very clingy, like she mentioned. Its normal to be a little clingy, cause that shows that you want to be with them but being very clingy is unhealthy, we need our space sometimes right?

No space! Must be together 24/7 and your boyfriend must cling to your waist at all times.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I think that if you're used to no company, no relationship, and so on, anyone with a crush might feel clingy because you're not used to it. It's all relative.