lucky being black

KiaraBlue

You know the funny thing is that I have really thought how good it would be to be black. No blushing, not being pale and looking like a zombie...

Heh, I tried to imagine how black people can be relaxed when they are between people..imagine that feeling and it felt gooooood..:D

KiaraBlue

I don't know how you do it man. I am black and I blush like crazy. I don't like blushing either. I think, in other's eyes, it shows wimpyness and they don't take you seriously/walk all over you. Most of the time, I can't help it. It's an automatic response.

You say you blush..but I don't think it's visible as half as when someone with the white skin blushes so be happy ;) Btw, to me is cute when someone blushes :) But..that's me. Maybe it's because I have the same problem so I understand.. :)

Lea

Banned
I wouldn't mind being black at all, but not because of blushing as this doesn't bother me.

Krista

i hope this won't annoy anybody. i want to say i feel happy and lucky being black because it means i don't blush :D however i have something bad else which is excessive sweating (or HH) :( , it embarrasses me but certainly blushing is worse and more noticeable. i have a question to u guys, if u were able to choose would u rather being balck or not? :lol:

I could relate, have you ever seen a Mexican blush lol. Actually only I know I'm blushing most of the time, when I can feel my ears and cheeks burning. It's easier to hide from people.

Last edited:

lyricalliaisons

I do blush, but it's never been something I considered a problem. My face is pretty much permanently red & is even worse when around people, & especially when they're focusing on me, but it's the least of my problems. As for being black, or any other race, I know that would only make things worse because then, not only would I have to deal with social anxiety & agoraphobia, but I'd have to deal with racism, too.

Anomaly

I could related, have you ever seen a Mexican blush lol. Actually only I know I'm blushing most of the time, when I can feel my ears and cheeks burning. It's easier to hide from people.
I've seen Mexicans blush, lol.

Last edited:

losttroy

Unfortunately, when you say "i'm happy to be black", it is bound to issue other connotations rather than simply "Golly, I'm so happy no one can see my "people whelps!!"--Ie: Allergic physical reaction to being around people."

That's just the world we live in right now, mate. Someday, it'll change though. It did for the Irish! I hear only those little Leprechauns hate Irish people now.:D

Deir alwees aftar me lucke charmss!!! heh.:D

davey

As a blusher I have to say that I do envy black/dark skinned people in this regard. To blush and have nobody know about it is like an impossible dream to me and blushers everywhere.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
As a blusher I have to say that I do envy black/dark skinned people in this regard. To blush and have nobody know about it is like an impossible dream to me and blushers everywhere.

I agree on all counts. I have virtually no melanin in my skin--it all went into my hair and eyes (yet another reason people tend to think I'm a vampire). Even aside from the blushing this just isn't practical when you live in South Texas.