lucky being black

sensitive

i hope this won't annoy anybody. i want to say i feel happy and lucky being black because it means i don't blush :D however i have something bad else which is excessive sweating (or HH) :( , it embarrasses me but certainly blushing is worse and more noticeable. i have a question to u guys, if u were able to choose would u rather being balck or not? :lol:

redlady

:D :) :( :eek: 8O :? :!: :?: :twisted: :p :oops: :cry: :lol: 8) 8O :evil8) :lol: :x :p :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :D :) :( :eek: 8O :? :x :D :) :eek: :( :lol: 8) :? 8O :x :p :oops: :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen: :| :D :) :( :eek: :lol: 8) :? :evil: :twisted: :p :x 8O :? :? :? 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O :x :p :oops: :cry: :wink: :roll:
:D :) :( :eek: :lol: 8) :? :arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :x :p :) :lol: 8) :? 8O :x :p :oops: :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :arrow: :wink: :twisted:

Kalima

Well Sensitive, I never really wished I was born Black...That may be because I am Black (lol). Being and African American female def has its pros and cons. But I don't think it necessarily makes dealing with SA/SP any easier, you know.

Yossarian

I think blushing is cute but then I don't have a problem with it :?

If you're going to get a wish to help with blushing I imagine I would rather wish I didn't blush so much rather than wish I could change my race lol. Sorry I guess that's a bit of a cop out :p

MissB

blushing cute!

blushing is in no way cute! i suffer from extreme blushing and it almost looks like i have some kind of disease. i become all blotchy not just my face but my whole upper body and it's raised also, so please whoever said blushing was cute it is far from it. I have managed to suppress it slightly from relaxation techniques but now and again i have to hide away and find a quiet place before it settles down, regular excercise and sunbeds do help also

Nadine333

Re: blushing cute!

MissB said:
blushing is in no way cute! i suffer from extreme blushing and it almost looks like i have some kind of disease. i become all blotchy not just my face but my whole upper body and it's raised also, so please whoever said blushing was cute it is far from it. I have managed to suppress it slightly from relaxation techniques but now and again i have to hide away and find a quiet place before it settles down, regular excercise and sunbeds do help also

I have to agree... Blushing maybe perceived as cute to the person who is watching, and maybe sometimes it is, the problem is when you blush constantly no matter who your talking too, and the world think you fancy them it is kind of frustrating / demorolising / distressing take your pick

FNA

CAn't say I ever wished I was born any other race, but I have thought about that, and do envy that you don't notice black people blushing. The other day at work, there's a raised section in the middle of the newsroom where I was standing trying to get the assignment editors attention, but he was ignoring me and I was talking quite loud (especially for me) and it caught everyone's attention, which was really embarrasing, and I started to really stress, then the entertainment reported walked by (who happens to be black) and said "you're looking really tanned" but I didn't understand what she meant cause I'm slow like that, so I said "Tanned?" and she said really loud "you're red. I was trying to be nice." And I thought the polite thing to do would be not to point it out. I left tat area in quite a hurry.

daria

FNA said:
"you're red. I was trying to be nice."

WOW! ... If that is being nice, I don't want to know what is being rude 8O !

There are certain people who just enjoy seeing others getting humiliated. THAT'S AWFUL!!

Daria Morgendorffer

lonesomeboy

dont know if i want to be black. i sometimes wish i was anglo so i can fit in with the majority. iam always seeing the racial segregation that exists in this world and in Australia, and although i know 99% of people are good, it makes me hell depressed that i feel this way.
its makes my SA even worse too.

sensitive

i am glad there are some people still replying and interacting with this topic. it would be better if said darkskinned rather than black. see at latin chicks, oh god they are so hot :p . u can be darkskinned or black and goodlooking at the same time.

annie

I wouldn't mind being dark skinned, then I wouldn't have to worry about getting a tan :wink:

annie :)

ColdAsIce

I HATE my skin colour!! I'm v self conscious about myself in many ways and being pale is definitly one of them that really depresses me!!...I suppose mainly because being pale isn't looked upon as being glamourous or whats expected these days. What I mean is usually if your not naturally tanned, your expected to fake it with fake tans rather than walk round looking like a ghost...... :roll:

redlady

An aunty of mine used to call me ghost - bitch. I have never used a fake tan - some gloop all over me clogging up my pores - and the thought of it running or getting blotchy in spots and wearing off unevenly - no i think worrying about all that junk would make me more insecure.

Perdita

I have seen people with black skin blush

I am quite a blusher myself...and it has prevented me from doing a lot of things. I do have to say that I used to have a black friend with dark skin...a very quiet person. I did notice when she blushed. The weird thing is my husband is Hispanic and other white people don't notice when he feels sick and has turned pale.

knarxed

I don't know how you do it man. I am black and I blush like crazy. I don't like blushing either. I think, in other's eyes, it shows wimpyness and they don't take you seriously/walk all over you. Most of the time, I can't help it. It's an automatic response.

KiaraBlue

Oh, how many times I was thinking about it .. I wish I was black so people can't see me blushing. ...omg, black people are so happy because of that:)

KiaraBlue

then the entertainment reported walked by (who happens to be black) and said "you're looking really tanned" but I didn't understand what she meant cause I'm slow like that, so I said "Tanned?" and she said really loud "you're red. I was trying to be nice." And I thought the polite thing to do would be not to point it out. I left tat area in quite a hurry.

The thing I never will understand is why people have to repeat or ask something like that when it is obvius?!!!! :)

EgoZero

You know the funny thing is that I have really thought how good it would be to be black. No blushing, not being pale and looking like a zombie...