Lucid dreaming

Weirdo

So, is there anyone else who resorts to the ultimate way of escaping reality? ::p: Waking up might be painful, but it's better to experience something good and then bad, than nothing at all, IMO. I love that no matter how shitty a day is, there will always be a night and I can go to sleep to enjoy my fantasy land and forget about everything.

sullyS1985

Ya man that is funny you started a thread like that. I just recently got of xanax and a side of it involved very crazy, involved, intricate dreams. I really enjoyed the dreams but i hear that they can also be very displeasing. either way i enjoyed the escape.

Square_Eyes

Despite my best efforts, I still can't enter in to a lucid dream of my own accord, so, if the process occurs it is purely accidental. It's definitely something that I mean to master sooner rather than later. It would be so nice to have that particular certainty about sleep.

Weirdo

Just keep a dream journal, frequently visit some forums about LD and you're on well on your way to mastering it :)

shore_of_glass

my dreams are completely random, but sometimes when I wake up, I stay in that awake/sleep state and I keep dreaming the same dream and I think I can control it to a certain point

Rarely happens, though.

Weirdo

Hellhould and jneal25, in that case you're the perfect candidates for learing LD, because when you control your dreams, they can't be shitty :p My dreams are usually good even without going lucid, but it's always better to choose what I want to dream about. You can also train for some social situations there. My favorite is to practice hitting on girls =D

Anyway, for those interested I recommend you watch "The Good Night". It's about a depressed loser who dreams about the same woman every night(P. Cruz). It's also featuring Danny Devito as a LD teacher, so although the movie itself is not very good, he makes it at least worth watching(I had one of the best dreams/spiritual experiences a couple weeks later thanks to Danny's character :p). There were so many errors in the movie that it looked like the producers based it on half a wiki page about LD but whatever..

DarkSeeker

I seldom can tell when I'm dreaming, but I can't convince myself of it. My dreams are usually dark blurry, but they have been getting more vivid of late and I also find myself more involved in them. It happened a couple of times that I found the unexpected ability to change things like a setting or change the shape of an object, but I didn't have much control over it. Objects in dreams seem to turn into liquid when you try to alter them. They get all wavy, it's like playing with jello.

The closest thing to complete control I ever had in a dream was on that night after I failed Linear Algebra (stupid traumatizing childhood, I'll be having my revenge soon). It took me a while before I realized that I had realized that it was a dream. I could cuddle with beautiful women just by asking for it, I could move through walls and go into totally different and bizarre places. I got into a futuristic train of sort, and moved from wagon to wagon.

I eventually got tired of it, and wanted to let the dream go on by itself, but I woke up in another dream. At that point I got a bit confused about what to do next, and eventually woke up for real. I didn't have any dreams like this since then, but I haven't really been trying either.

I guess it could be fun to see just how much control you can get from a dream. Sometimes dreams can feel very very real, I once woke up thinking I was a killer robot or that a zombie was drilling his finger on my back. Oh that finger had felt so %*#cking real, it creeps me out just to think about it.

I think a good technique is to prepare yourself mentally before you fall asleep. I never dream of the same setting twice, but I know how it feels like when I dream. I lay down and try to condition my brain to that feeling, whatever happens DO NOT FALL FOR IT, IT'S NOT REAL IT'S A DREAM. Problem is that I'm not sure what to do or how to do it after I find out it's dream, and I just lose it or wake up.

Last edited:

reslo

I used to sleep at least 12 hours a day.... what i liked about my dreams is that when i was worried or scared of something, it was directly because of something in my dream (like i was being chased by someone). In a dream, everything makes sense, even though it doesn't.

lithium

I sometimes lucid dream, and used to more frequently. However, I eventually lost interest in it. Although controlling my dreams was great fun, it made me realize how unhappy and boring my real life is. Waking up to reality is a real bitch.

Krista

So, is there anyone else who resorts to the ultimate way of escaping reality? ::p: Waking up might be painful, but it's better to experience something good and then bad, than nothing at all, IMO. I love that no matter how shitty a day is, there will always be a night and I can go to sleep to enjoy my fantasy land and forget about everything.

I agree. Not that life is bad for me really, only how I make it for myself but I do love going to sleep and dreaming. I feel bad for the people who don't remember theirs because I have very vivid dreams every single night. It's like my own little private show.

Weirdo

Problem is that I'm not sure what to do or how to do it after I find out it's dream, and I just lose it or wake up.

Seriously? How about, hmm let's see..banging girls, talking to girls, hugging girls, holding hands with girls.. :D If you're good at it, you can even create your ideal gf and go out with her every night, but I didn't try that yet. I'll resort to that only when I get really desperate. I don't want to get addicted to someone unreal unless there's no other choice :p

In case you're not interested in that, try visiting the future(highly recommended, it's never the same) or the past(been there only once, but it was also cool) or try to visit heaven/hell, talk to god/jesus/devil(I know, I don't believe in them too, but you don't think about that when you meet them) or someone famous or dead, sit atop the eiffel tower, fly over some big city at night, fly out to some distant galaxy to meet aliens, face your fears...the possibilities are endless.

Oh and if you didn't know, emotions are much stronger in dreams so if there's anything that would make you happy IRL, it would make you euphoric in dream-state but also if something makes you sad, in dreams it makes you uncontrollably burst out in tears so keep that in mind. For instance when I hug and kiss in dreams, I don't want it to end because it's so magically wonderful. On the other hand though, when I was in the future and my father was dead and my mother was like 75, it made me cry when I looked at her with her gray hair and wrinkled skin, although she was smiling..

Krista

I used to sleep at least 12 hours a day.... what i liked about my dreams is that when i was worried or scared of something, it was directly because of something in my dream (like i was being chased by someone). In a dream, everything makes sense, even though it doesn't.

I know. It seems anything that's on my mind during the day or anything I worry about subconciously I dream about that night. I can easily use my dreams to asses how I'm feeling and everything makes sense in them although it doesn't. I get the point of all it even though it's like an Alice In Wonderland movie just to get there.

lithium

i understand the "dreaming" part, im just wondering what the hell "lucid" is.

Lucid means to be aware, so it basically means that you are aware that you are dreaming and possibly can have control of the dream. Although, there are cases in which you realize you are dreaming, yet have no control over it.