Low energy levels

JosephG

I am experiencing really low energy levels of late. I can't get out of bed in the morning no matter how much I want to and I'm getting nothing done even though I have some very important exams coming up. But the thing that is bothering me is the sleeping thing: I just can't get out of bed on time no matter how hard I try. Sometimes I'm not even sleeping - I am just lying there perhaps because I am comfortable and warm. But I think I am doing it as a form of procrastination... to avoid starting the day. Like I have nothing to get up for - although I certainly do!
however I don't feel depressed really - I just feel real low on energy. and it is really really frustratingggg

needed to venttt sorry

getting out of bed is hard. If you live alone you can put your alarm clock in another room, it has to be loud though, then well you get up to turn it off, don't go lay back down

lunarla

Wow. I'm exactly the same lately. It's incredibly frustrating, and my procrastination about everythinnnng, not only just getting up from bed, just further increases the stress that's around me while I have to get up and go on with my day. I'd just rather stay in bed and sleep. Even the things that I know are important, I don't really do. I just push it out of my mind. Best decisions are not made while half asleep. But they're sometimes the best feeling'd ones? Sleep always seems like the best choice.

Apparently I need to vent too, srrrry.

Exercise? Change your diet? These things can drastically increase energy levels. For a brief period I was low on iron, that affected my energy level. Having depression doesn't help either, I personally found exercise (cardio workouts) combat it effectively, it increases endorphin levels. Just some thoughts.

Great advice^

You should definitely get your iron level checked.
Being low iron can make such a difference to your energy, and its something that can be easily fixed.

EscapeArtist

Vitamin/mineral deficiencies (vitamin D, B12, B6, omega fatty acids, magnesium, iron) especially B12.

Did you try the gluten thing? Just wondering, becuase that was it for me.

Exercise routine...

Phoenixx

Did you try going gluten free yet? Gluten can make some people sluggish like that. Or maybe you're just lacking certain vitamins and minerals? Sorry if I didn't help much, that's really all I can think of...

Patrick26

Buy some iron pills or eat Spinich which are loaded with iron. I used to be low on iron and my day suffered SO MUCH! i almost fainted 3-4 times a day from the lack of energy i had and could barely lift my arms.

Eat better if you're just eating crappy food

Go to the gym or play sports or something active even if you don't want to. If you're feeling the urge that you don't wanna face the world anymore that is the best time to leave your house or apartment and do something. I go to the gym 5 days a week (1 hour 15 minutes each visit). Staying active in doing something you like also combats depression because you're too busy to be depressed doing something you like which is why i like working at my job and going to the gym and nice long walks before and after gym is MUCH better then staying inside being depressed.

Take vitamins, go to the doctors and ask to get you checked out and what you're lacking and get him to give you some vitamins. He will ask for your symptoms and give you a list of what you should be getting checked out by at the lab.

Drink lots and lots of water, cleans out your system and makes your piss go from yellow to clear which means you're pissing healthy piss. Buy a Brita jug and Brita filter because Brita filtered tap water that's cold is AWESOME! compared to unfiltered tap water.

Find a sleeping pattern and stick with it, sleeping patterns are also important. Also take small naps.

Do this as soon as possible and do not ignore it or you will not only continue feeling like this, but you will stay inside your place letting your day pass you by.

Last edited:

NewtoThis

I've been real tired lately too and it's probably diet but since I don't like to spend money on health I've just tried other solutions. That just means I put my homework beside my bed while I sleep...

Patrick26

I've been real tired lately too and it's probably diet but since I don't like to spend money on health I've just tried other solutions. That just means I put my homework beside my bed while I sleep...

If you're tired alot then yeah, when you get home from school take a 20-30 minute long nap, wake up and get a little active around the house for say 10 minutes then you should be good to go and then start your homework. I notice sometimes when i take a 20-30 minute nap before i workout i'm still tired when i wake up so i normally just take a 5 hour energy and have a nice hot shower and it solves that problem. You could also try that minus the 5 hour energy because those are not that good for you.

Last edited: