Lottery Tickets

Who here buys loads of lottery tickets? Not because they want to be greedy and rich, but because they want to afford to stay at home for the rest of their lives without worrying about money or anything.

iamthenra

Most definitely me!!! I would invest almost all of it, and live the remainder of my life off the interest the money generated.... I would travel the world, and my residence would be where ever I was at that time...

I dont buy lotto tickets. But Ive thought about it. I mean, just imagining winning a few million. The stress that money brings would be gone. Ahh, but thats a huge dream.

this_portrait

I hate lottery (and gambling in general) with a burning, fiery passion. I find it to be a huge waste of money most of the time. My mom buys lottery tickets (especially when she wants to win some money to help someone out; she hardly ever wins any money on them, and most of the time just wins the same amount she used to buy the ticket, a.k.a. a 'free ticket'), and my dad pisses all of his money away on gambling machines at bars.

Yeah, I really hate lottery. >.<

Anubis

It's a system that preys on the minds of low-income households imo. The rich get richer, and maybe 1 out of a billion poor people get a big cash prize. The rest goes to "lottery scholarships" for upper-class college kids (at least down here in Tennessee).

So rather than those poor people investing in their own children's future, they help rich children get through college. Sounds like a great deal.

neko

I did think of it sometimes but... My family is into lottery and I see they barely win anything. It's a waste of time and money, that could be saved for something else.

mikestar

Banned
Yer I do it but dont get anywhere. If I won couple of million yes my life would be sorted out and I could do what I want and when I want.

Its like bingo, I used to play. Once i started i couldnt stop

whos_that_girl

Me! I even talk to God and tell him that I will put the money to good use, but then again, there are people with worse problems than me. I don't play alot, but when I do I can easily spend $20, $30 dollars on tickets, most at one time was $50! Oh man, i'll be dreaming forever if I don't win...:)

iamthenra

I don't play alot, but when I do I can easily spend $20, $30 dollars on tickets, most at one time was $50! Oh man, i'll be dreaming forever if I don't win...:)

Wow, can I relate to that! Sounds like my style of playing the lottery for sure! Heck if I win (yeah right) I wouldn't be above buying a wife... Desperate times call for drastic measures... So....(looking around the room..) Who wants to be my wife? A show of hands will do just fine.... (looking....looking.... just as I figured... nobody raising their hand...) Darn...can't even buy a wife... Whoa back the horse up, I need to win the lottery first! He he he he
3789628544_959f9270a6_o.gif

IceLad

Been doing the Lotto for years, and the most I've ever won in the draws is about £18 once in the Euromillions.

One of these days I would love to win a couple of million pounds. I would probably invest all of it and for the rest of my life, live off the interest.

Sometimes I do wonder whether it's worth playing it though - for 99.9% of the players it just gives them false hope all the time.