Looking for asnwers for my love-story

Feathers

hmm... I'd ask him 'What do you think I want from you?' and joke about it, and tell him like you told us - that you don't need a babysitter etc. - though maybe by now it's too late... You could also say in the group 'I'm divorced now' when you really will be, and see how he reacts? If that was the problem in the first place...

Maybe he's just particularly choosy about who he dates or such, maybe he doesn't want to be a 'rebound guy'? (This is a valid reason imo - it's why I didn't date two guys I liked, plus there were other reasons) Or he doesn't want to be a 'marriage breaker'?

If getting distant 'worked' before, see if you could make it work again?
(I wouldn't write him a letter or approach him, that's just me though. I think guys approach first if they wish to, even if they're shy.)

The way I see it you do wish something from him - love and affection.... Maybe you guys misunderstood each other?

Lavinialuna

Seems you should be looking for the yin to your yang. If he won't make the first move and you won't make the first move maybe you aren't a match. I would either go after him or forget him. Waiting isn't doing you any good. Easier said than done for someone with social anxiety, but if just decide to do it, perhaps you can muster the strength.
The fact that he never has a girlfriend makes me wonder if he is gay or asexual? Maybe he is afraid of intimacy? Hope you meet a good guy who isn't afraid to make a connection. Good luck!

Whoopdeedoo

This fantasy will continue til you nip it in the butt.
So unless all you want is the dream
you must make a move.
Youre responsible for the effort
not the outcome...
and ts better to have tried and failed
Than not to try at all.
Personally id rather deal with possiblity of rejection
then wasting my time and energy on something that
never transpires
And if he says no
Its his loss
Some peeps dont mix business with pleasure
Or shit where they eat so to speak
So keep that in mind
But go for it!
Good luck

Kiwong

This fantasy will continue til you nip it in the butt.
So unless all you want is the dream
you must make a move.
Youre responsible for the effort
not the outcome...
and ts better to have tried and failed
Than not to try at all.
Personally id rather deal with possiblity of rejection
then wasting my time and energy on something that
never transpires
And if he says no
Its his loss
Some peeps dont mix business with pleasure