loneliness

RandyMarsh

OK so I have just down a 2 week course (involuntarily because, my benefits will be stopped if I don't go.) I didn't speak to one person. Afterwards I was so depressed I went and bought a load of mephedrone which I haven't done in over a year. I went crazy and shouted at my aunt who raised me because my mum died when I waas young, so she in not speaking to me and I am not welcome in their house anymore. I have no one no friends girlfriend no one to speak to. I have never felt this low even when my mum died. I had a proper breakdown last night and my dad was just completely indifferent, he doesn't think social anxiety is a 'real problem'. I am frustraated depressed lonely my life is going nowhere. Im about to spend another weeekend alone. I wish I could just have some friends. I am in such aa bad place my mind is so damaged I cant think straaight. Also I get these intense rages at the world I don't know how to deal with them.

Rufus

Go out and volunteer in your nearest dog shelter or for some charity. It'll get you active, helping the community and you'll be around friendly people.

Give it a go at least, at the very worst you'll have just helped make the world a better place. :)

Fighter86

I'm so sorry to hear that *gives a hug* hope it makes you feel better.

You can post here, it gives you an outlet for release. That's what I do, I come here when I feel down, I read other people's posts, post my own and I feel better. By the way, welcome to SPW, and best of luck.

RandyMarsh

Go out and volunteer in your nearest dog shelter or for some charity. It'll get you active, helping the community and you'll be around friendly people.

Give it a go at least, at the very worst you'll have just helped make the world a better place. :)

How am I supposed to do that, I can't leave my ouse ffs. I would be of absolutely no use to anybody Im a nervous neurotic wreck. I'm too paranoid to go to the shop, let alone going and helping a charity. I waant to give up and die right now. What is the point of being alive when you hate yourself

Eduardo

First, you need to get a job. I know it's a difficult task when you suffer from social phobia. Nevertheless, there are jobs that don't require contact with people; for example, working in a restaurant kitchen, a farm, landscaping, garbage, construction, animal care... This is very important because you need to make money in order to pay for the medications prescribed to you. Unfortunately, no mental disorder has a cure; so we have to take meds in the meantime (which are very expensive). It is obvious that without medication you will never see improvement in your life. I suffer from a severe case of social phobia and I am taking Paxil 37.8mg (that's a very high dose!). It has worked very well on me. Now I've been able to get a job where I work with people (these jobs pay more). How old are you?

Last edited:

DeadmanWalking

Hey, please don't kill yourself; you may hate you, but we don't. We would feel devastated if you killed yourself. So, please, live, for us and for you. For your moments of rage, try to find some sort of outlet, like writing or punching your pillow. You can't keep it bottled in. Try talking to someone, like what FriendlessGirl mentioned; she's here, so am I and there are others on this site that would be more than happy to listen to you. Just, whatever you choose to do, don't give up. I hope you feel better.

lisalove22

Heeey, life doesnt always have to be that hard. Life is always up and down. Right now you are in a down period, but im sure it will change for you! Dont do anything stupid without thinking. I was in a really bad period a couple of years ago, but i came back. And yes i had suicide thoughts, but i knew that my life would be better. Im still dealing with SA and its still sometimes tough, but for the most feel good and I can still look back at my suicide thought and laugh. Im sure you will do that sooner or later. You are down now and everything feels hopeless, but you will come back and enjoy your life. Im sure!

RandyMarsh

First, you need to get a job. I know it's a difficult task when you suffer from social phobia. Nevertheless, there are jobs that don't require contact with people; for example, working in a restaurant kitchen, a farm, landscaping, garbage, construction, animal care... This is very important because you need to make money in order to pay for the medications prescribed to you. Unfortunately, no mental disorder has a cure; so we have to take meds in the meantime (which are very expensive). It is obvious that without medication you will never see improvement in your life. I suffer from a severe case of social phobia and I am taking Paxil 37.8mg (that's a very high dose!). It has worked very well on me. Now I've been able to get a job where I work with people (these jobs pay more). How old are you?

I'm 20 years old, I live in Ireland so my medication would be free. I am supposed to be getting a job in Argos, but its a 'sales advisor' position, which really scares me. I am so unsure that I could do it I hate dealing with people, not bcos I don't like them r anything, Im just so nervous and awkward.