Living alone?

maiato

Banned
Don't know if there's some thread like this one. But i'm curious to know how many of us live alone. I live alone great part of the time. However i'm not full independent in terms of incoming! Live in my parents house that are abroad...so is the perfect solution...alone and not much to pay! But this is not a solution that make me proud. So i just want to get feedback from other person's that are living by themselves and if that helped them managing with SP.

Agent_Violet

I don't live alone right now as I'm strapped with a husband ;) but I've brought it up to him many times if I could move to a smaller condo type dwelling and we could just see each other on weekends. He obviously isn't going for that.

I think living alone has a way of making SA issues worse though...you get wrapped in your own little comfort zone and there's no one around pushing you to branch out in the world. If my husband wasn't around pushing me to constantly have people over and pushing me to go to parties and things...i'd just stay in my sunroom and read all day or play xbox all night.

HH

I've been living on my own now for just over 1 year and it definitely has its ups and downs. I don't think its helped much with my SP as I very rarely go out after I'm back home after work (only to the gym and occasional gig) but I certainly feel more independent.

The loneliness does get to me sometimes....it would be nice nice to share my house with a partner

mikebird

Banned
Well

Things were all at their very best after living in group houses for years with a girlfriend of 4.5 years. She didn't like getting a mortgage. That's when work went downhill and there's no easy way out of being alone. 10 years alone would have all been a lot better if i had someone to wake up with.

100% independence is OK, with no dependents, but feeling empty. No friends left in town. Got through a few years of agoraphobia, but popping out to see strangers feels like zombieland, being stared at... Not really...

Otherwise, OK. Anyone have a plan for a fix?

Kiwong

I've lived alone for 18 years. The thought of living with anyone makes me feel uncomfortable just thinking about it.

I've lived alone for years now. It makes it easier with the SA because you don't have to have anyone visit your house unless you want to. No unexpected visitors of a partner to make your life hell etc. There is also no one nagging you to go out somewhere.:)
The lonliness can ache so bad sometimes. However reminding yourself of the benefits helps to compensate.

Aussie_Lad

I have lived alone for most of my adult life, but now am living with some housemates (2 girls) temporarily while I study. To be honest, it is better having someone there in the house with you. Even though I don't spend a whole lot of time speaking to the girls, it's kind of comfortable having someone there in the house at night and while you sleep. The girls went camping one night, and I was home alone all night and even though I am used to living on my own, I wasn't that comfortable with having them away.

nightcrawler

I've lived alone now for about 16 years. Personally I love it because of all the obvious things - doing what I want when I want, watching what I want, eating what I want etc. Does this make me selfish? Possibly. I just know that I definitely couldn't share with room/flat mates. As for living with a girlfriend...well this could very well be an issue for me, and one that puts me off dating. After all when you're dating someone then moving in togther is obviously something that is supposed to happen in the long term. After living on my own for 16 years I am set in my ways and used to my independence.