little help? :)

bcsr

Hey folks, new member here. I've got something I've been trying to figure out for a while now, and could some new perspective on (hopefully some female perspective).

Ok, here is the situation...

I have come to be pretty close friends with a girl I work with. We often hang out after work and just talk for hours at a time, and not once do I feel that I have to force the conversation, which is pretty significant for me. She is very friendly with everyone, but she definitely acts differently toward me. She's more playful, does the whole hitting/shoving routine, teases me, etc. Finds silly reasons to take my picture.

Now I broached the subject of dating, and she seemed really nervous about it, so I told her to forget about it and we'd just be friends. I left it at that, but recently, it feels like anyway, she may have changed her mind. I actually got a new job a month ago, so we don't see each other every day anymore. But we do text daily, and have hung out a few times since then. Yesterday we were texting and kind of out of nowhere she asks if I have a girlfriend. I told her no, and she made it a point to tell me she was also single. I ran into her in town the next day, and was greeted by a big hug, and she told me we need to hang out more.

Now, I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the world's smoothest guy with women. And I haven't dated in 5 years (ended a long relationship 4 months ago). I really like this girl, but there's a couple things that are keeping me from pursuing it. Mainly that I don't have many close friends, and I'd hate to lose one because I'm reading too much into this. I also find it hard to believe she could really be interested in dating. She's gorgeous, gets hit on all the time. And I'm, well, not. lol.

Section_31

Hey BC :) welcome to the forum.

Sorry, im a guy.....but honestly, IMHO...to me it sounds like shes dropping hints that if you ask her out she wont say no. The fact she asked if you were single, then her volunteering that SHES single......her being happy to see you, giving you a big hug, saying you need to spend more time together....

To me it sounds like shes giving you the green light. I say go for it.

Ladies? plz chime in.

DeadmanWalking

I say pursue it. If you like this girl, then tell her:). It seems like all the signs are there (of course, I'm horribly dense, so don't take my word for it::eek::). Just ask her out on a date sometime and work towards confessing. I don't think it'll matter much to her how many friends you have. She likes (platonic or romantic) you for you, not your number of friends:). Good luck:D!

Section_31

bc, another thought,

if your not comfortable with the direct approach, outright asking her, why not try somthing more subtle?. Maybe ask her to meet up for dinner or somthing, coffee, whatever. Pay attention to her body language. Does she make eye contact?. Are her hands busy? as in flicking her hair, ect, does she lean toward you if you lean toward her?. Try a little bit of contact and see how she reacts, like say,.....reach for somthing on the table and have your hand "accidently" touch hers for a second. If she seems good with it, id say those are good indicators shes into you.

Still waiting on the ladyfolk here! :)