Life in check

Krista

I'm always anxious it seems and I sat down and really thought about what I wanted out of life, myself and my friends. It hit me that I'm anxious because I'm not doing anything with myself. I feel like I've done nothing and therefore I have nothing to show. It bothers me that I use to be acceptably social and am not anymore, it upsets me that I've never been able to be spontaneous or have a cut loose attitude. Being carefree just isn't in me sometimes. I recently dated this guy, a hippie of sorts and we would talk about traveling all over the place.

I think this summer before I go back to school in August, I'm going to do just that. I would love to gather my friends, smoke a bunch of weed and just see the country. Maybe it's just a fantasy but I like the idea and for right now it's kinda giving me hope to change things. Mix them up.

philly2bits

I feel the same way sometimes. It feels sometimes like am I waiting for something to happen so I can continue on with my life. Of course I'm not really waiting, but it feels as though I'm still at the starting line of life so to speak.

Krista

I feel the same way sometimes. It feels sometimes like am I waiting for something to happen so I can continue on with my life. Of course I'm not really waiting, but it feels as though I'm still at the starting line of life so to speak.

Exactly, I feel as if I need something to jump start me. Like I'm waiting for life to smack me in the face. I'm tired of the waiting game though. I need to do something while I've still go stuff to do it with.

Me too. When I went back to college this semester my anxiety got so much more manageable, because at least I was doing something despite it. And now the Christmas is here I'm dying to go back so I don't have to feel depressed and lonely again :rolleyes: I definitely think living your life despite the anxiety decreases the importance of the anxiety, and stops it from swallowing you up in it and wallowing in it!