Let's make a challenge!

user12053

From this moment on, I will do anything to get over my SA. I'll make it my number one priority. Each day I wake up, I'll think of one thing I can do this day to get over my SA. It can be a small thing like calling a friend on the phone and talk for a couple of minutes. Saying "hi" to a person I don't know. Saying a couple of words in a group. Things like that. I'll take one day at a time.

It has to stop NOW! I've had enough!

Who's up for a challenge??!!! Let me know what YOU did today (or will do tomorrow) to get rid of this freaking life destroying devil! :twisted:

B_Quiet1

well I havn't seen my friends in a while I guess I'll go over there to see them and try to start conversation with everyone even if it doesn't last very long.

GloomySunday

I've been on the offensive against Social Phobia for the past few months. I had just had enough of it taking over my life. Doing something positive every day is totally achievable, even if it's something like making encouraging or positive comments on this forum.

It really breaks my heart to see positive comments people make get shot down in flames. Life can be pretty dark at times. It's good to strike a match now and then, let some light into the old place...

B_Quiet1

oh I get anxiety right when I have to do something that involves me having to be social like when I had to do a school presentation back when I was going to school even if it was a week away from the time we had to present it could never leave my mind ...any advice?.

Walk

GloomySunday said:
I've been on the offensive against Social Phobia for the past few months. I had just had enough of it taking over my life. Doing something positive every day is totally achievable, even if it's something like making encouraging or positive comments on this forum.

It really breaks my heart to see positive comments people make get shot down in flames. Life can be pretty dark at times. It's good to strike a match now and then, let some light into the old place...

Making (hopefully) positive comments here in the internet is about the only thing that lifts my spirits up sometimes.

I hope any of my comments make a difference. I really do try to share things that I think might help those who are just as affected by SA (or worse) than me, which I never would've thought was so common. Most of this forum is pretty cool though.

"You're never alone" is so true.

2Crowded

Just returned home from England after 3 weeks of fun with best friend miss_amy....is that positive enough ? :) ...that should be enough positive for me to last atleast 3 weeks shouldnt it :)

Azahara

The long way

This is more or less what a do.
I´ve got a list where I write my main objective; for example: overcoming anxiety, be more sociable or something similar.
Then, I write in order different steps could me help to get the main objective. (they are order by their lever of difficulty)
That is, greeting a dog in the street, smiling and greeting a baby in the street......so up to more difficult steps: meeting with a friend, greeting and asking something to a partner at work.

I´m going slowly but sure.

Ah! If you can do a certain achievement you can try visualizing for some days before you do it in the reality.

See you! :idea:

Argamemnon

ZumasZika said:
From this moment on, I will do anything to get over my SA. I'll make it my number one priority. Each day I wake up, I'll think of one thing I can do this day to get over my SA. It can be a small thing like calling a friend on the phone and talk for a couple of minutes. Saying "hi" to a person I don't know. Saying a couple of words in a group. Things like that. I'll take one day at a time.

Who's up for a challenge??!!! Let me know what YOU did today (or will do tomorrow) to get rid of this freaking life destroying devil! :twisted:
If your social anxiety is that bad, how did you get a girlfriend?

Azahara

To Argamenon

I am even ignored by dogs. :wink:

why you don´t think about buying a dog. You didn´t have so many problems jijiji :D

Xos

Well, i decided i should telephone a psychiatrist and did it yesterday.
I never thought i would ever be able to do it, but i did : )
Next week i have my first session, i hope to improve this time and get rid of my social phobia at once!!

no1

Banned
see I want to be on the offensive. I feel though it may not do anything. Saying hi randomly to people? Go to a club? Get nothing but dirty looks and create nothing but trouble? Why even try? It will only make things worse.

user12053

Ok, I'm actually doing a bit better. The last couple of days I've been talking more to my coworkers :)

And I've invited an old friend out I havent seen for ages. On friday Im going to a party, so Im doing really good!

weeehaaa IT AIN'T IMPOSSIBLE!

user12053

Argamemnon said:
ZumasZika said:

If your social anxiety is that bad, how did you get a girlfriend?

I faced my fears :) Maybe I just got fet up with the loneliness...